How Black List Functions?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
ovidpro

How Black List Functions?

Post by ovidpro » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:32 am

Will the blacklist block calls by name as well as number? I'm a new user and I get a lot of calls with obviously spoofed numbers but with the same name each time. Such a feature would be really useful. Thanks for your input.

murphy

Re: How Black List Functions?

Post by murphy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:39 am

ovidpro wrote:Will the blacklist block calls by name as well as number? I'm a new user and I get a lot of calls with obviously spoofed numbers but with the same name each time. Such a feature would be really useful. Thanks for your input.
It blocks by number and currently doesn't work at all. They are trying to figure out what broke.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

dcbart

Post by dcbart » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:45 am

I really like Ooma overall, but the continuing failure of the blacklist is extremely frustrating. It has not worked since I started using Ooma this past December. Just wish they would get it right.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:26 pm

dcbart wrote:I really like Ooma overall, but the continuing failure of the blacklist is extremely frustrating. It has not worked since I started using Ooma this past December. Just wish they would get it right.
As far as I know it's always been working for me. I don't get repeat calls after I've added the number to my blacklist.

The only issue that I've seen is sometimes the blacklist doesn't display in my.ooma, like it did recently. It displays for me now.

Also, sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get a number added to the blacklist.

whn

Post by whn » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:26 am

Wrong, it doesnt work

probably sabotage by an OOMA employee
Last edited by whn on Sun May 02, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:24 am

whn wrote:Wrong, it doesnt wory

How am I wrong when I say that it's always been working for me even when the numbers don't appear on my blacklist?

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:41 pm

Always the eternal optimist! :P
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

maliolani

Post by maliolani » Sun May 02, 2010 1:25 pm

As of now the black list is not functioning. I have no problem adding a number to the black list, but I just received a call from the one number I have on that list. Makes the feature totally useless.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Sun May 02, 2010 1:58 pm

maliolani wrote:As of now the black list is not functioning. I have no problem adding a number to the black list, but I just received a call from the one number I have on that list. Makes the feature totally useless.
Look and see if the box "Enable personal blacklist" is checked, in addition to adding the number to the list - if you need to check the box, be sure and click "save" at the bottom of the page.

whn

Post by whn » Sun May 02, 2010 3:16 pm

southsound wrote:

Always the eternal optimist! :P
You seem to be obsessed with me.
I have been talking about Blacklist not working since December when they switch over to this new interface.
and as you can see, Im not the only one with these problems.

Glad they are fixing it.

There is such thing as sabotage by another company or industry that occurs. So save your one liners.
Im thinking this is just OOMA employees not knowing proper coding to fix it or it could be sabotage if it keeps happening over and over again now for months.

In a internet based company I worked for, we found out an employee was a mole for a competitor passing out info to our competitor(s) and also purposely leaving holes open on the website so we can get attacked and shut down. We lost a lot of customers because of this one person and a lot of private information.