Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#53256 by jw530
Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:56 pm
Anyone experience the outgoing calls hanging up just after the phone is answered? It just started happening this past week. I hope Ooma is working on fixing this. I have had success using a dial around (calling card) number on Ooma to circumvent the problem for now, but it is very bothersome. I am located in Southern California if this makes any difference.

The pattern seems to be certain local calls within the LA area. The calls that hang up tend to be businesses rather than residences if that means anything.
Last edited by jw530 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#53359 by marksan
Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:31 am
I have the same problem, Redlands, CA. Ooma CSR keeps insisting it is my router, but that makes no sense since it effects only certain numbers I call. This is getting out of hand. Since this seems to be a very specific regional issue, I hope they pick up on these complaints and fix the problem.

Update: I have three Ooma hubs. Two of them have this issue when calling certain numbers. The one that doesn't have this issue, I have switched to "fax mode", because I send a lot of faxes using it. You used to be able to set "fax mode" using your web account, but they removed it and you have to call in if you want it turned on.

If anyone wants to try to see if that fixes their problem, call CS and ask for "fax mode" to be turned on.... Or I guess you can try dialing *99 first (to switch you temporarily to fax mode) and then dial your number. I don't have access to my phones to try this right now, but I thought I'd share.
#53375 by DTMF
Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:13 pm
There's a second, longer thread on this issue at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7582

I'm not having this problem, but I thought it would be helpful for those who are to convene in the same thread to compare notes and help Ooma know the scope of the customers affected. :cool: