Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#53127 by CaptainKen
Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:37 pm
Yes it pretty much does,

Postby Dennis P » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:05 am
Let me clarify (hopefully) a few things regarding the Lifetime plan:

* It extends your warranty to three years. This way you get at least 3 years of service on your investment (if you bought the plan at the same time as the hardware). The warranty only covers the original hardware that the plan was bought under.

* It is tied to the hardware. If your hardware fails after 3 years, we'll be happy to transfer it to another device of the same model. You cannot, however, transfer the plan to a different model of hardware UNLESS explicitly allowed by an upgrade plan (like what we did for Hub owners when we introduced Telo).

If your getting new hardware I don't think the lifetime plan is any good. I have the lifetime also, but I am pretty sure you are wrong. They did allow a one time exception in the past, but it is anyone guess if they will do it again.
#53130 by lbmofo
Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:58 pm
CaptainKen wrote:If your getting new hardware I don't think the lifetime plan is any good. I have the lifetime also, but I am pretty sure you are wrong. They did allow a one time exception in the past, but it is anyone guess if they will do it again.

For same model new hardware, the lifetime is still good right?
#53137 by CaptainKen
Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:52 pm
Yes that is the way it has been explained here several times by Bobby and Dennis, if you have the older hub and lifetime premier your warranty is extended to three years. If you have the newer telo, the same deal with lifetime premier. If them come out with something new, call it a super telo for lack of a better name, the lifetime premier won't transfer if you get the newer system. They did make a one time exception for some people going from the hub to the telo, but that doesn't mean they will do it again. If you have a TiVo with a lifetime service it works exactly the same way.
#53140 by lbmofo
Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:30 pm
I guess my question is what happens if you are a lifetime premier subscriber and your hub breaks and there is no more hubs to buy either from ooma or 3rd party. Will you be SOL as far as lifetime? If so, stock up on your device.
#53175 by MikeekiM
Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:03 am
lbmofo wrote:I guess my question is what happens if you are a lifetime premier subscriber and your hub breaks and there is no more hubs to buy either from ooma or 3rd party. Will you be SOL as far as lifetime? If so, stock up on your device.

The way I understand it, you can transfer lifetime as long as you:

1. Transfer it to the same model device;
2. Transfer it to a new model during an active promotion (which was the case with telo and hub for some time)
3. Transfer it to a current device if your device is no longer in production

Dennis (or someone at Ooma) - Can you confirm?
#53213 by frenchcamp49er
Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:24 pm
Here is the response I received from ooma.

Hi Felix,

Yes, it would transfer over.

-Bobby

On Apr 15, 2010, at 9:59 AM, <info@ooma.com> wrote:

info@ooma.com

Include this full e-mail (particularly the headers). Please note that the
reply address to this e-mail has been set to that of frenchcamp49er.

Message sent to you follows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bobby,

I have the Hub with Lifetime Premier, if I buy the Telo would my Lifetime
Premier transfer over?

Thanks,

Felix
#53224 by dsinternet
Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:47 am
Here is my situation and what I think is true. I signed up for lifetime on Dec 31, 2009 on my account with a Telo. If my Telo base breaks before Dec 31, 2012 then Ooma would send out a replacment free of charge. After Dec 31, 2012 I would not be able to get a free Telo base, and would need to buy a new Telo base with my own money. Ooma would then transfer my lifetime to the new Telo base. I would still have Lifetime as long as I don't upgrade my equipment. If my Telo breaks (on any date) and my original Telo model is no longer avalible then I would be able to get a newer model and still be on Lifetime.
This was my understanding and the reason I was able to convince my wife to spend about $600 upfront for the whole Ooma phone system. I should only be paying the fees (about$12 per year) unless my equipment breaks. And if it breaks I will only need to by new equipment. Lots of money to spend upfront, but a great deal if Ooma can stay around and not close up shop.
#53240 by CaptainKen
Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:12 am
Here is my situation and what I think is true. I signed up for lifetime on Dec 31, 2009 on my account with a Telo. If my Telo base breaks before Dec 31, 2012 then Ooma would send out a replacment free of charge. After Dec 31, 2012 I would not be able to get a free Telo base, and would need to buy a new Telo base with my own money. Ooma would then transfer my lifetime to the new Telo base. I would still have Lifetime as long as I don't upgrade my equipment. If my Telo breaks (on any date) and my original Telo model is no longer avalible then I would be able to get a newer model and still be on Lifetime.
This was my understanding and the reason I was able to convince my wife to spend about $600 upfront for the whole Ooma phone system. I should only be paying the fees (about$12 per year) unless my equipment breaks. And if it breaks I will only need to by new equipment. Lots of money to spend upfront, but a great deal if Ooma can stay around and not close up shop.

I totally agree with you and think you are right on every account. This is the way I understand it too.

Ken