Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#52730 by ktinca
Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:33 pm
Fry's has the refurbished Ooma HUB on sale this weekend for $139.99. Would this Hub item be under the previous Terms; i.e. no annual regulatory fee and Core level of service?
#52738 by southsound
Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:24 pm
lbmofo wrote:Used Ooma Hub will require a $59.99 reactivation fee. When activated, the new account will be subject to regulatory recovery fee.

The hubs sold by Fry's are factory refurbished and will not have the reactivation fee - but if they are not selling the "core" product (that is, the hub and scout together) they may indeed be subject to the recovery fees. Best to check with ooma sales to be sure.
#52741 by lbmofo
Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:42 pm
southsound wrote:
lbmofo wrote:Used Ooma Hub will require a $59.99 reactivation fee. When activated, the new account will be subject to regulatory recovery fee.

The hubs sold by Fry's are factory refurbished and will not have the reactivation fee - but if they are not selling the "core" product (that is, the hub and scout together) they may indeed be subject to the recovery fees. Best to check with ooma sales to be sure.


southsound is right. I am not sure why I was thinking "used." Anyway, from this thread, it looks like the Core terms & conditions will be honored with these refurbs sold by authorized retailers.

Another option for you is to buy new from TigerDirect. @$199 and currently with 12.3% bing cashback, you get $24.60 from Microsoft after 60 days much like a rebate. Just go to bing.com, search for "laptop" and click on TigerDirect reflected in sponsored links and search for ooma.
#52763 by ktinca
Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:42 am
Hollywood wrote:I was in Fry's in Oxnard, CA yesterday and the referbed hubs were $169


The ad was in the Sat, April 10, L.A. Times Sports Sections.
#52769 by Hollywood
Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:38 am
ktinca wrote:
Hollywood wrote:I was in Fry's in Oxnard, CA yesterday and the referbed hubs were $169


The ad was in the Sat, April 10, L.A. Times Sports Sections.


I used to be in charge of the price changes at a grocery store. :D I guess someone forgot to put on the sale price? :?:
#53806 by lbmofo
Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:18 pm
lbmofo wrote:Another option for you is to buy new from TigerDirect. @$199 and currently with 12.3% bing cashback, you get $24.60 from Microsoft after 60 days much like a rebate. Just go to bing.com, search for "laptop" and click on TigerDirect reflected in sponsored links and search for ooma.

For a few days now, both CompUSA and TigerDirect show "out of stock" for these ooma Core units; it sure was a nice price @199 and 20 some bucks cashback. Even RadioShack is out now. Although I have seen CompUSA & TigerDirect reflect "out of stock" before and then days later, come back with more of these ooma Cores in stock but not sure about this time. Amazon and affiliates still have them for $245 or thereabouts. I also see some new sealed units for sale on eBay.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests