Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#52708 by franklasvegas
Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:11 pm
Hello all:

Not been on a lot lately.

I see my account now says basic tier - you will be required to pay $11.75 2nd year.

I activated with the HUB back in August, 2009 - then I transferred to a Telo I purchased after about 45 days.

I thought I was grandfathered in because of the HUB and would not see the yearly fee?

Or did I miss something along the way?

THANKS!!!
#52710 by murphy
Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:30 pm
franklasvegas wrote:Hello all:

Not been on a lot lately.

I see my account now says basic tier - you will be required to pay $11.75 2nd year.

I activated with the HUB back in August, 2009 - then I transferred to a Telo I purchased after about 45 days.

I thought I was grandfathered in because of the HUB and would not see the yearly fee?

Or did I miss something along the way?

THANKS!!!

Did you buy the hub at Costco? If you did, read the outside of the box it came in. It plainly says that you will have to pay the fee starting in the second year
#52711 by franklasvegas
Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:38 pm
It was purchased from Costco - but the Hub/Scout combo - not the HUB only special - I paid like $239.00. I remember there was NO yearly or mention of it until awhile after that and the MAJOR discussions that if you originally had the Hub/Scout and bought a Telo when they released the NO FEE followed your account.

Wasn't it the HUB only special at Costco that had the fees associated with it?

Thanks.
#52712 by franklasvegas
Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:57 pm
I found an email from Ooma on 10-01-2009 which states:

"Just to be clear, as an existing Ooma Core customer, the annual Regulatory Recovery Fee mentioned above will not apply to you. You will also continue to receive voicemail and free unlimited Ooma Care telephone support without subscribing to Ooma Premier."

So I guess what is showing in my Ooma for my account is incorrect.
#52716 by southsound
Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:22 pm
Frank,

I believe it is a mistake as well. I'm not sure what level of authority it will take to change it, so my suggestion is to go to a post from NToy, Bobby B, or Dennis P and send one of them a PM including the details about transfering your accout to the Telo from the hub/scout (core) system. They can sort things out in a heartbeat. It's good to see you back on the forum after a while MIA.
#52722 by franklasvegas
Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:11 pm
Thanks Southsound...

I sent an email to Bobby.

Glad to be back on some more - things have been hectic the past few months.