Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#52094 by lbmofo
Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:33 am
Nevermind, I just went into IE history and deleted all history, cookies and such and now it works with IE. I am not sure what did it but deleting history alone didn't help but cookies and/or other things deleted worked.
#52178 by epetru
Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:22 am
Firefox on my netbook worked, but there are 2 other issues:

1) in IE8 I get intermittent errors when trying to blacklist a #, error says the service is temporarily not available.
2) in Firefox on my netbook, adding a contact brings up the contact record entry screen, but Firefox will not scroll down. IE does scroll
#52203 by tm0445
Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:46 pm
once again, (since Oct 1st) -- no access to my ooma, same error message as first post. IE 8.0.6001.(etc). And clearing the browser history made absolutely no difference.
Edit: just read new posts above this one: I am seriously not happy abt clearing cookies -- this will mess up the rest of my IE use. Any one know which cookie is the culprit?
#52206 by ntoy
Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:55 pm
Hello tm0445,

Please send me an email with your info. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to lookup your account by the email address you registered here in the forum.

Also, if it's ok, could you setup a temp password for me to try logging into your account. You can include this in the email as well.

Thx
#52211 by tm0445
Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:12 pm
Thanks Ntoy for the quick reply--

I first tried deleting all "ooma" cookies-- and missed the one named "{username}@my.ooma[1]"-- I then deleted that one, which actually solved my problem of getting to the log-in screen. (Cookies are found at C:\docoments and settings\{username}\cookies -- scroll down to the file and delete.)

When I logged in (finally), the site replaced the cookie with a new version, of course.

(Does anyone have any idea why the original cookie became corrupted for (apparantly) so many users??)
Terry
Last edited by tm0445 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#52214 by jackswife89
Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:07 pm
I currently use Safari on my Mac and I am getting the same error message when I try to log onto My Ooma. How can I fix this problem?
#52219 by ntoy
Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:47 pm
Hello jackswife89,

Safari 4.0

Open Safari.
Click on Tools (gear icon) in the upper right toolbar and Select Reset Safari.
Click Empty Cache and Remove All Cookies.
Click the Reset button.
Exit and re-launch the browser.
#52248 by Bear
Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:07 am
Using Firefox 3.6.3, problem accessing my.ooma immediately after updating.

Only deleted my.ooma.com cookies, nothing else and now have access as I should.

Tools > Options > Privacy > Show Cookies
Enter my.ooma and press enter in Search field
Now choose Delete Cookie and close dialog boxes.
Should access my.ooma fine now......worked for me at least. Good luck everyone.

Thank you Ooma for the services.
#52266 by David
Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:59 pm
Doesn't work with IE8, but DOES work with Google Chrome browser.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests