Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#51622 by whn
Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:51 pm
instead of numbers,

can you add a feature that blocks any calls with caller ID of "800 Service"

Those are 99.9% of the time, calls you don't want.

By also doing this, it helps eliminate the need to individual block 800 numbers, usually they all share the same caller ID text of "800 Service" and we will have more numbers to use (out of the 128 limit) to use for blocking.

Right now, the majority of my block numbers, about 75% of them, all have the caller id of "800 service"

I'm not sure who wants calls from an 800 number. Even fraud detection services with your bank or credit card, don't call from an 800 number.

just an idea. not sure if its possible
#52300 by southsound
Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:31 am
bw1 wrote:I've had legitimate calls with a caller id of "800 Service". Can't remember now who it was from though.

I have had several calls from a medical specialty group that uses a robo-service to remind me of upcoming appointments. I believe this service is used by many medical providers to remind patients because the recording never identified the doctor but just said, "This is a reminder of your upcoming doctor appointment on Tuesday, etc." Although they could easily use a CID like "Doctors Office" for the calls, they use "800 Service." If ooma did allow blacklisting the numbers based on this CID, it would have to be on a personal basis and even then, some would miss the calls without knowing it.
#52325 by whn
Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:46 pm
bw1 wrote:I've had legitimate calls with a caller id of "800 Service". Can't remember now who it was from though.

UNderstood, Im asking for an optional opt in service, where you can pick:

X Block all incoming calls from an 800 Number

Personally, I want my doctor or dentist office to call me from their local business number, which they all do. Not some 800 robotic message when it comes to my health care.