Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#51620 by MackT4
Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:47 pm
I just hooked up my ooma telo today. Ive made like one test call with it and linked it to my google voice account. Unfortunately though, it didnt have any local numbers, and since the google voice extensions dont seem to exist yet I cant dial out as a local number without dialing into google voice then dialing the number (are these ever coming out?). Aside from that, installation was easy and everything seems to "just work". I want to give it some testing before porting my number over just to make sure that I dont have any dealbreaking issues.
#52528 by MackT4
Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:47 pm
I see google voice extensions beta is now showing up under my ooma premiere preferences page. Haven't tried it out yet, but it is there.
Last edited by MackT4 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#52529 by hingli
Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:33 am
MackT4 wrote:I see google voice extensions beta is now showing up under my ooma premiere preferences page. Haven't tried it out yet, but it is there. Cant wait for some SIP support now.

I just noticed Google Voice in my Preferences too but I can only use my 2nd number and not my primary. Why is this?
#52530 by murphy
Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:45 am
Google Voice Extensions need a private number to be used for GV to call Ooma. If you already have two numbers in use as actual phone numbers, you need a third number to use as a private GVE number. The private GVE number can't be used as a regular phone number since the response from Ooma is not the way a normal number works. I'm surprised that GVE was enabled on my.ooma.com without the instructions on how to use it being published.
#52548 by Tiger5353
Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:38 am
They did its a link on the right in the google voice.

Google Voice Extensions streamlines the use of Google Voice with your Ooma system. Click here to learn more.

When you click on Click here there is a note with another link that has some detailed info on what to do.

Here is the link if anyone needs it https://www.ooma.com/support/knowledgeba ... extensions

What they haven't explained is the 3 advanced options. At least i haven't seen any info on exactly what they do although i can make some good guesses. Auto Answer Delay, Auto Connect Delay, ListenIn Delay
#52592 by bw1
Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:42 pm
Tiger5353 wrote:What they haven't explained is the 3 advanced options. At least i haven't seen any info on exactly what they do although i can make some good guesses. Auto Answer Delay, Auto Connect Delay, ListenIn Delay

Auto Answer Delay - how long the Telo should wait before it auto-answers a GV call
Auto Connect Delay - how long to wait before the DTMF is sent after the phone goes off-hook
ListenIn Delay - how long the Telo should wait before it triggers the ListenIn function so you can screen the caller's voicemail on the speaker
#52597 by bamasteve
Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:04 pm
bw1 wrote:
Tiger5353 wrote:What they haven't explained is the 3 advanced options. At least i haven't seen any info on exactly what they do although i can make some good guesses. Auto Answer Delay, Auto Connect Delay, ListenIn Delay

Auto Answer Delay - how long the Telo should wait before it auto-answers a GV call
Auto Connect Delay - how long to wait before the DTMF is sent after the phone goes off-hook
ListenIn Delay - how long the Telo should wait before it triggers the ListenIn function so you can screen the caller's voicemail on the speaker

I'm not sure how long I want my DTMF to wait. If only I knew what my DTMF was??

I just set my GV features to default and I guess I will see how it works. I agree the directions are not the greatest. I'm glad it's finally working.
#52665 by Tiger5353
Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:59 am
DTMF is Dual Tone Multi Frequency. That's the tones you hear when you press a number key on your phone. In this case it means how long it waits until it sends the PIN code to Google Voice.