Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#51541 by chrisarpad
Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:07 pm
I have been experiencing problems with my black list feature since September 2009. It currently does not work. I have only 13 entries in my allotted 128 and it will not allow me to add or remove any entries at all. I have a ticket number for technical support and despite countless emails and phone calls I have nothing new to report. Blacklist Does Not Work?! :x
#51609 by wildbill
Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:21 pm
Well I just had two numbers in my personal blacklist and just found that one of them was able to ring my phone this evening.

Not good ooma.. this is what Im paying the $10 a month for.

I just removed the numbers since they can call anyways. I hope this gets fixed asap because this was the main reason I opt-in on the premier service level. Any mods out there that can address this problem?

Thank you..
#51624 by whn
Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:56 pm
I always think that someone, a rogue employee, from within OOMA is sabotaging this service since it makes a lot of telemarketers unhappy.

Say it aint so! lol

:o
#51632 by southsound
Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:45 pm
whn wrote:I always think that someone, a rogue employee, from within OOMA is sabotaging this service since it makes a lot of telemarketers unhappy.

Say it aint so! lol

I don't worry about the blacklist too much but have you noticed that someone (probably the same rogue employee mentioned above) has installed little listening ports in wall outlets in recent years? When I was a boy, all electrical wall outlets had only two slots. That's all that it takes to carry a current. Now I have found more and more places have a little round hole just below the two slots. I haven't taken one apart yet, but I would venture to guess that you could find a minature microphone - or worse yet, a tiny camera in that hole. :shock:
#51676 by coldsteel
Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:31 pm
I'm getting "service not available" when adding a number to my blocklist. I only have about a half-dozen numbers in there so I am nowhere near the 128 number limit.
---
Never mind - I'm adding this a day later its only unavailable for adding the weird mod_sofia phone number so that's a blocklist enhancement request that I would like done not a failure in the blocklist service.
#52204 by whn
Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:53 pm
southsound wrote:
whn wrote:I always think that someone, a rogue employee, from within OOMA is sabotaging this service since it makes a lot of telemarketers unhappy.

Say it aint so! lol

I don't worry about the blacklist too much but have you noticed that someone (probably the same rogue employee mentioned above) has installed little listening ports in wall outlets in recent years? When I was a boy, all electrical wall outlets had only two slots. That's all that it takes to carry a current. Now I have found more and more places have a little round hole just below the two slots. I haven't taken one apart yet, but I would venture to guess that you could find a minature microphone - or worse yet, a tiny camera in that hole. :shock:

What are you talking about?
#52333 by crpeck
Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:08 pm
I just tried adding about 5-6 numbers to the Blacklist from the call log page. It said they were added, but, they don't appear that way from the Call Log page. In fact, I tried adding the same number about 5 times, each time the response indicated that it was added successfully, but, still - it's not there.
#52367 by bw1
Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:32 am
whn wrote:
southsound wrote:

Say it aint so! lol

What are you talking about?

That whoosh you heard was something going right over your head. :)
#52368 by bw1
Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:34 am
crpeck wrote:I just tried adding about 5-6 numbers to the Blacklist from the call log page. It said they were added, but, they don't appear that way from the Call Log page. In fact, I tried adding the same number about 5 times, each time the response indicated that it was added successfully, but, still - it's not there.

I just tried to add a number to the blacklist from the call log and the first time it gave an error - invalid session. I then switched over to the blacklist page to see if it was there and switched back to the call log and added it again and it got added without error.