Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#51483 by oakleaf
Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:34 pm
What the HECK?? I just authorized the payment for Premier WITH included number porting. It says "thank you" and that's it!! w

WHAT ABOUT PORTING MY NUMBER???

I went to the number porting option and it wants to charge me ANOTHER $40... what a scam!!!
#51484 by murphy
Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:37 pm
oakleaf wrote:What the HECK?? I just authorized the payment for Premier WITH included number porting. It says "thank you" and that's it!! w

WHAT ABOUT PORTING MY NUMBER???

I went to the number porting option and it wants to charge me ANOTHER $40... what a scam!!!

If you have already purchased annual Premier they will not charge you for the number port.
#51485 by oakleaf
Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:41 pm
So, you're telling me I should select the option for porting where they advertise the $39.99 price and I won't actually be charged the $39.99?
#51487 by oakleaf
Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:52 pm
I have gone through ever step of the process to execute the phone port, and at the very end they want to charge me $40.
Last edited by oakleaf on Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#51489 by oakleaf
Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:57 pm
I purchased the Premier w/ free port and paid for it. There was no option during that process to port my number, so I went into the number porting process and they want to charge me $40 for that again!!!

This is just deceptive and dishonest. I'm thinking of taking my box back to Best Buy for a refund and sticking with Vonage. At least when they rip me off, they are up front with it.
Last edited by oakleaf on Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#51491 by southsound
Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:09 pm
oakleaf wrote:Why are you jerks trying to make me pay double for porting? I purchased the Premier w/ free port and paid for it. There was no option during that process to port my number, so I went into the number porting process and you guys want to charge me $40 for that again!!!

This is just deceptive and dishonest. I'm thinking of taking my box back to Best Buy for a refund and sticking with Vonage. At least when they rip me off, they are up front with it.

Just a couple of points. You may or may not agree - we're fine with that.

1. This is a user forum. When you say "Why are you jerks trying to make me pay double for porting?" you must realize your audience is other users like yourself. ooma sometimes monitors the forum but most of the posts are by other users.

2. You received the correct answer from murphy - one of the forum's best resources. His answer is totally right on and would be confirmed by ooma management. Oh you of little faith.

3. Almost all of the people on this forum are nice people who have good attitudes. We really don't appreciate someone who does not fit "the profile" of a nice person. Maybe VOIP is for you, but certainly your bad attitude does not make you suitable for this forum.

4. BestBuy has an excellent refund policy. I hope you choose to take advantage of it. Keeping customers may be important for ooma - keeping NICE ones is important to me.

5. Just a caveat - I speak for myself only and am not an ooma representative. I just like helping other people with ooma when they have an acceptable attitude.

Bye now... It's been fun. :P
#51492 by oakleaf
Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:36 pm
I'm angry because I just authorized $120 payment and now I am supposed to authorize another $40 charge to get something that should have come with the $120 payment.

Sorry if I don't have enough faith that it won't actually charge me the $40 after I click "submit" for a second time.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2185/20100327203153.jpg

I'm not new to VOIP, been with Vonage for over 5 years and never had an issue besides the escalating cost. I'm not angry at forum users...just angry at ooma for forcing me to go through a process that ostensibly charges me twice for something. And I don't want to have to deal with an off-shore phone bank to get my $40 credited back.

I guess I'm not surprised that the best help I get is from its customers, not its employees. I apologize for any perceived derision towards fellow customers/forum users.
#51493 by GoHskrs
Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:58 pm
For what it's worth, oakleaf, I had the same concerns (after signing up for Premier, then apparently agreeing to pay another $40 for the number port), but only the charge for 1 year of Premier service hit my account.
#51494 by oakleaf
Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:14 pm
Thanks GoHskrs! :P

I'm glad I'm not the only one. My bank account has already been charged for the $120, so hopefully I won't see the other $40 when I jump the cliff...j/k.

Seriously though, you just might have saved the loss of a customer for Ooma along with everyone else that would have read my planned campaign of rantings on the internet. I have yet to hear from an actual Ooma support person here or from the email I sent.

I am still very disappointed that they can't use some simple coding to make it clear that you won't get charged (or just have you set up the porting during the process of purchasing Premier w/ Port). It's almost like they want to sell you the Premier w/ Free Porting and hope that you won't actually use the free porting.
#51495 by GoHskrs
Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:33 pm
oakleaf wrote:Seriously though, you just might have saved the loss of a customer for Ooma along with everyone else that would have read my planned campaign of rantings on the internet. I have yet to hear from an actual Ooma support person here or from the email I sent.

Glad that my first forum post added some value to somebody ... 8^)

I am still very disappointed that they can't use some simple coding to make it clear that you won't get charged (or just have you set up the porting during the process of purchasing Premier w/ Port).

Agreed, it is a bit confusing. I think I saw a note somewhere (possibly the help pages, maybe even the forums before I registered) that explained the situation, so I took the leap of faith myself ...