Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#51356 by Trekster
Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:15 am
I've selected the Opt Out of Premier Service at least twice now, and yet when I check it again a week or two later, it still says the Premier Service will start in X days.

What's up with this Opt Out option?

How many times do I need to Opt Out? :?
#51357 by fuzor
Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:21 am
This must be the 4th time I clicked on OPT out... luckily i checked again with 1 day left of premier Trial, are they trying to force the charge on me! :x
#51358 by Trekster
Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:48 am
fuzor wrote:This must be the 4th time I clicked on OPT out... luckily i checked again with 1 day left of premier Trial, are they trying to force the charge on me! :x

I suspect it is a "bug" in their Opt Out (Opt In) choice window, but if it is INTENTIONAL TO FORCE A CHARGE ON MY CREDIT CARD, then that is totally unacceptable business practice, and should be brought to someones' attention immediately. :x

I've experienced problems that are similar to this at other companies, and the bad thing is; a CHARGE goes against your card in a matter of hours, whereas getting a charge removed (refunded) can take weeks. In the elapsed time, the cardholder has NOT had the use of their money.

I hope someone with some clout to do something about this is reading this thread!
#51385 by ntoy
Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:26 am
Hello Trekster,

Yes currently a bug in our system. Our intent is not to trick you in any way.
I manually added basic service to your account. Once trial premiere expires,
basic service will kick in.
#51388 by Trekster
Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:40 am
ntoy wrote:Hello Trekster,

Yes currently a bug in our system. Our intent is not to trick you in any way.
I manually added basic service to your account. Once trial premiere expires,
basic service will kick in.

I was pretty confident it was a bug, but one never knows for sure. Thanks for the assist.