How to activate "used" eBay Ooma Telo?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
swong

How to activate "used" eBay Ooma Telo?

Post by swong » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:48 pm

I purchased a brand new "un-opended" eBay Ooma Telo from ebay for $190 delivered. Got this Telo up and running flawlessly but am now trying to cost effectively get another one up and running for a friend. eBay has a bunch of used ones selling for around a hundred dollars however they have been previously activated. What is the process of getting a used Telo re-activated with a Ooma issued phone nunber local to my area? Many of the eBay sellers advertise the fact it would cost roughly $60 for Ooma to perform a "re-activation" but before I decide to purchase I thought I would post this query on the Ooma Forum.
Does anyone know the process or can direct me to someone within Ooma who can help?

tommies

Re: How to activate "used" eBay Ooma Telo?

Post by tommies » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:08 pm

All re-sold hubs will be charged $59.99 for a reactivation fee to the new user as long as the unit is still covered under warranty. The new user will be under the new Terms and Conditions.
Link to knowledge base
tommies

swong

Post by swong » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:34 pm

I already saw the same response from the Ooma knowledgebase. My question is for a used Telo which is typically "out of warranty"...has anyone tried "re-activating" a used Telo via the Ooma website similarly to what you do when you initiate activation with a brand new "never before activated" Telo?

southsound

Post by southsound » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:05 pm

swong wrote:I already saw the same response from the Ooma knowledgebase. My question is for a used Telo which is typically "out of warranty"...has anyone tried "re-activating" a used Telo via the Ooma website similarly to what you do when you initiate activation with a brand new "never before activated" Telo?
If you don't mind the older hub (I actually like it as well as or better than the Telo) Fry's has a factory refurbished one (no reactivation costs and full one year warranty) for $139. You can find it here: http://www.frys.com/product/5983204?sit ... IN_RSLT_PG. If you use Google Voice as your front end, you don't need Premier to still have some pretty fancy features!
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

swong

Post by swong » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:43 am

Thanks Southside...I've passrf this on to my brother-in-law so he can decide whether to pursue the refurbished Frys Hub or go used Telo. Your link does have indeed have a pretty decent price provided it will activate via the Ooma web site w/o issues