Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#51228 by swong
Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:48 pm
I purchased a brand new "un-opended" eBay Ooma Telo from ebay for $190 delivered. Got this Telo up and running flawlessly but am now trying to cost effectively get another one up and running for a friend. eBay has a bunch of used ones selling for around a hundred dollars however they have been previously activated. What is the process of getting a used Telo re-activated with a Ooma issued phone nunber local to my area? Many of the eBay sellers advertise the fact it would cost roughly $60 for Ooma to perform a "re-activation" but before I decide to purchase I thought I would post this query on the Ooma Forum.
Does anyone know the process or can direct me to someone within Ooma who can help?

#51274 by swong
Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:34 pm
I already saw the same response from the Ooma knowledgebase. My question is for a used Telo which is typically "out of warranty"...has anyone tried "re-activating" a used Telo via the Ooma website similarly to what you do when you initiate activation with a brand new "never before activated" Telo?
#51278 by southsound
Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:05 pm
swong wrote:I already saw the same response from the Ooma knowledgebase. My question is for a used Telo which is typically "out of warranty"...has anyone tried "re-activating" a used Telo via the Ooma website similarly to what you do when you initiate activation with a brand new "never before activated" Telo?

If you don't mind the older hub (I actually like it as well as or better than the Telo) Fry's has a factory refurbished one (no reactivation costs and full one year warranty) for $139. You can find it here: http://www.frys.com/product/5983204?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG. If you use Google Voice as your front end, you don't need Premier to still have some pretty fancy features!
#51289 by swong
Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:43 am
Thanks Southside...I've passrf this on to my brother-in-law so he can decide whether to pursue the refurbished Frys Hub or go used Telo. Your link does have indeed have a pretty decent price provided it will activate via the Ooma web site w/o issues