Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#50598 by SteveIU
Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:32 pm
Background info:

Our number port completed about 3 weeks ago, so we are 100% on Ooma.
We are using the Core System (only using hub, scout is still in box)
We are distributing the dial tone, so all jacks are active.

This issue:

Whenver we receive a call, caller-id just says 'Incoming Call' I have reported my issue but I have just been told to call back if it doesn't resolve itself. What's strange, is when we're on the phone and call waiting happens, caller ID does display. So, our call waiting caller ID is working, but our normal caller ID is not. Does anyone have any thoughts, ideas, or experience on/with this issue?

This is my first post, and I've done a ton of searching on the forums trying to find this issue, but did not have any luck finding it, so please forgive me if this has been addressed. All in all, I'm a big Ooma fan, I'd just like to have caller ID.

Thanks!
#50604 by murphy
Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:05 pm
Are you waiting until after the second ring to answer the call?
Caller ID data is sent between the first and second ring.
Does the caller data appear in your my.ooma account call log?
#51118 by murphy
Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:03 am
SteveIU wrote:Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this? It is frustrating.

Do you just have the phone connected to the phone port of the hub or are you feeding the phone port of the hub into your house wiring?
#51145 by SteveIU
Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:39 pm
I am feeding the phone port of the hub into our house wiring. There isn't any landline integration though, we have successfully ported our number/cancelled our AT&T service. Prior to our port completion, it was integrated, but we've been strictly ooma for about a month now.
#51147 by murphy
Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:53 pm
SteveIU wrote:I am feeding the phone port of the hub into our house wiring. There isn't any landline integration though, we have successfully ported our number/cancelled our AT&T service. Prior to our port completion, it was integrated, but we've been strictly ooma for about a month now.

Have you disconnected AT&T's line where it comes into your house?
If you haven't, you are feeding the hub's phone port back to AT&T.
Canceling service just removes dial tone. The line is still hot.
#51211 by SteveIU
Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:56 am
I haven't disconnected at the NID, I will give that a try tonight. That would be great if that's all it was. I know I've read a lot of people disconnect, but I thought it was just for call quality, and ours has been great, so I never went out and did it. Thanks for your continued willingness to help. I'll let you know what happens either way, hopefully I don't have to keep bugging you (and the board) for more help.