Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#50201 by Mineral
Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:26 pm
I cannot change any settings in the preferences section of My Ooma. Every time I try to save the new settings in forwarding or in ring preferences, etc., I get a message saying "problem processing page". Does anyone have a solution?
#50210 by ntoy
Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:58 pm
Hello,

There was a "&" on the username field for your 2nd number.
Our system doesn't handle special characters very well.
I changed it to "and".
See if you are able to get in.
#50226 by Mineral
Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:22 pm
Thank you. That partially solved my problem.

I can now get into and save most preferences. I still cannot change the ooma tone however (that is, I can make changes, but I get nothing but the default tone on my phone.)

Also, I cannot login to my second number online separately. Is there a way to login to the second line and listen to voice messages online (as well as set email and SMS notifications). (I can listen to my voice messages through the scout, but cannot find a way to access them online for the second number.)

Thank you.
#50235 by murphy
Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:56 pm
Mineral wrote:I can now get into and save most preferences. I still cannot change the ooma tone however (that is, I can make changes, but I get nothing but the default tone on my phone.)

You can't turn off the Ooma dial tone. You can turn off the connection tone which is played when your called party answers the phone.