Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#49924 by msun2
Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:51 pm
I have a problem with voicemail and have been contact ooma for the last few months and they do not seems have a clue on what is the cause. If you have similar problem and know how to fix it please let me know.

My voice mail pick up time sets to max of 59 seconds. But if a call is pick up after 3 or 4 rings, the voice mail will log a fake
voicemail without going to the ooma voice mail. The play key on the hub will be on and it play a prerecorded message from ooma when press the play button. If the imcoming call is picked up in one or two ring, there will have no voicemail and everything works fine. I am getting lots fake voicemail every day and ooma support cannot finger out the problem for a few months.

====================================================================================
Here is the false Voicemail/INBOX entry.
unread From Date Duration Actions
unread (yyy) yyy-0799 Today 04:06 PM 0:08 To Trash Actions More... Download
Mark as heard
Mark as new

Here is the call log entry that match the voicemail/INBOX entry
================================================================
Line Type Phone Number Name Date Duration
1xxxxx9320 Inbound call (yyy) yyy-0799 XXXXX SYSTEMS Today 04:06 PM 0:10 + Add to BlacklistContacts Contacts Add to Contacts
Add to Existing Contact

1xxxxx9320 Missed call (yyy) yyy-0799 Today 04:05 PM Missed + Add to BlacklistContacts Contacts Add to Contacts
Add to Existing Contact

1xxxxx9320 Missed call (yyy) yyy-0799 Today 04:05 PM Missed + Add to BlacklistContacts Contacts Add to Contacts
Add to Existing Contact
#49925 by murphy
Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:13 pm
What is the pre-recorded message from Ooma?

Did you ever set up your voice mail box?
#49932 by msun2
Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:49 pm
Yes, the voice mail is setup.
The voicemail is either empty without any voice recording or say "plus one to accept this call or hand up to forward this call to your voicemail".