Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#49722 by mannino
Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:58 am
I am very satisfied with the Ooma phone quality and service. I am still in the Premier Free Trial Period, but I do not need the many features offered by Premier. Will it cease automatically if I do not do anything, or do I have to actively stop it?
Thanks.
#49752 by murphy
Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:36 pm
mannino wrote:I am very satisfied with the Ooma phone quality and service. I am still in the Premier Free Trial Period, but I do not need the many features offered by Premier. Will it cease automatically if I do not do anything, or do I have to actively stop it?
Thanks.

If you have the original hub, it will stop.
If you have the Telo, you have to opt out in your my.ooma account or maybe call support.
#49762 by hpepper
Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:47 pm
Just to clarify, for the two possible scenarios on the Telo - when you log into MyOoma.com and click on the ACCOUNT Icon, (during the free Premiere free trial) It will indicate one of two possibilities:

Your service level is: Premier, Free Trial
Free trial ends in X days
Learn more or Subscribe

This is the one where you don't have to do anything - the Premiere service will run out automatically. This one never asked you for a credit card number when you activated.

The other one is:

Your subscription begins in X days
Opt out of Ooma Premier

This one will automatically sign you up for Premiere and charge you - you have to click on OPT OUT to not be charged on your credit card you had to supply when you activated the account.
#49837 by wendavid
Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:47 pm
hpepper wrote:Just to clarify, for the two possible scenarios on the Telo - when you log into MyOoma.com and click on the ACCOUNT Icon, (during the free Premiere free trial) It will indicate one of two possibilities:

Free trial ends in X days
Learn more or Subscribe

This is the one where you don't have to do anything - the Premiere service will run out automatically. This one never asked you for a credit card number when you activated.

The other one is:

Your subscription begins in X days
Opt out of Ooma Premier

This one will automatically sign you up for Premiere and charge you - you have to click on OPT OUT to not be charged on your credit card you had to supply when you activated the account.

I had the 2nd display a few days ago. Now It still has the first two lines but the 3rd 'Opt out' line disappeared. I am no longer be able to opt out. Is this a issue I should call customer service?
#49865 by webguyz
Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:10 am
I'm in the same boat. I had opted out of the premier option but now the line in myooma->account says:

Your subscription begins in 41 days

What do I have to do to ensure that I don't get charged for the Premier package?

Thanks!