Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#49622 by murphy
Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:10 pm
richalger wrote:I cannot see how to create a new thread so I am replying to this one.

When I go to http://setup.ooma.com it is showing the html source in the inner frame instead of displaying the page normally. It shows the code of the page rather than rendered html.

Has anyone else had this issue. We just got our telo on 3/5/2010.

What browser are you using?
What anti-virus software are you using? Kaspersky can cause problems.
#49636 by tommies
Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:45 pm
murphy wrote:
richalger wrote:I cannot see how to create a new thread so I am replying to this one.

When I go to http://setup.ooma.com it is showing the html source in the inner frame instead of displaying the page normally. It shows the code of the page rather than rendered html.

Has anyone else had this issue. We just got our telo on 3/5/2010.

What browser are you using?
What anti-virus software are you using? Kaspersky can cause problems.

Probably it's Google Chrome problem due to a minor bug in the page(s) with missing the tags <html><head> at the top of the page. This has been beaten many time in this forum.

Kaspersky will cause a blank page on the frame.
#49680 by wym
Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:17 pm
My ooma telo just died last Sunday after working for 3 weeks. I tried everything I can and called the customer support several times to get help, but nothing can bring it back. I believe it must be some problem which cannot be recovered outside the factory. So I just returned it to Costco. It seems the telo is not as reliable as the old hub.
#50183 by richalger
Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:34 am
Probably it's Google Chrome problem due to a minor bug in the page(s) with missing the tags <html><head> at the top of the page. This has been beaten many time in this forum.

I was using Chrome. I will test again with FF and IE when I am home.
#50219 by richalger
Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:55 pm

I was using Chrome. I will test again with FF and IE when I am home.

It shows up fine in FF and IE
#50316 by Morpheus
Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:38 am
yogeshvara wrote:Yesterday morning after about 6 weeks of good service, my Ooma stopped syncing up. Since I lost my internet service too I figured it was a road runner problem. Last night when i had time I trouble shot and found that my signal was good from road runner and I reached the internet and my router was OK and would provide wifi too. The trouble would come in when I introduced the telo. I've tried the telo in various configurations and it fails each time even though I get a green internet light blinking at the connection in all configurations, plus I can't keep it connected since it blocks the downstream flow of internet. I'm thinking I need to return it and get a new one, but I'm open to other suggestions.
Peace,
Ray

Mine did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I have:

SETUP ONE: DSL/CABLE MODEM -------> TELO ----------------------> WIRELESS ROUTER ------> Rest of your Network

Without touching angthing else, I removed the Telo and installed a patch cable. My internet started working.

I had to reset all three devices in order.

1) Turn modem, Ooma, Router off.
2) Turn on modem and wait for sync with ISP.
3) Turn on Ooma and wait for boot up completion.
4) Turn on router.

Also, I got this from another post:

Factory Telo Reset:
----------------------
NOTE: THIS WILL ERASE ALL NETWORK AND QOS SETTINGS.
Unplug the power from the back of the Telo and reconnect.
Note: As the Telo boots up, it will turn on each row of keys in order.
When the bottom row turns off and the logo starts to flash red, press and "stop" and "trash" buttons at the same time and hold.
The logo will then start to alternate between blue and red.
Keep holding the "stop" and "trash" buttons until the logo turns off.
You can then release and the Telo will reboot.
After the Telo goes back into service, configure any network or QoS settings that would have been erased.