Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#49366 by yogeshvara
Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:36 am
Yesterday morning after about 6 weeks of good service, my Ooma stopped syncing up. Since I lost my internet service too I figured it was a road runner problem. Last night when i had time I trouble shot and found that my signal was good from road runner and I reached the internet and my router was OK and would provide wifi too. The trouble would come in when I introduced the telo. I've tried the telo in various configurations and it fails each time even though I get a green internet light blinking at the connection in all configurations, plus I can't keep it connected since it blocks the downstream flow of internet. I'm thinking I need to return it and get a new one, but I'm open to other suggestions.
Peace,
Ray
#49367 by murphy
Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:47 am
yogeshvara wrote:Yesterday morning after about 6 weeks of good service, my Ooma stopped syncing up. Since I lost my internet service too I figured it was a road runner problem. Last night when i had time I trouble shot and found that my signal was good from road runner and I reached the internet and my router was OK and would provide wifi too. The trouble would come in when I introduced the telo. I've tried the telo in various configurations and it fails each time even though I get a green internet light blinking at the connection in all configurations, plus I can't keep it connected since it blocks the downstream flow of internet. I'm thinking I need to return it and get a new one, but I'm open to other suggestions.
Peace,
Ray

Connect to the Telo's setup page, go to the network page, click the radio button to use built in MAC address, click update, power cycle modem, Telo, router.
#49369 by yogeshvara
Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:23 am
Thanks for this. I'd like to try it but don't know how to access the Telo setup page. Does it have an IP Address like the router?
Do I need to follow those instructions with it hooked up in configuration or can it be a direct connection to my computer?
Peace,
Ray
#49371 by murphy
Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:40 am
yogeshvara wrote:Thanks for this. I'd like to try it but don't know how to access the Telo setup page. Does it have an IP Address like the router?
Do I need to follow those instructions with it hooked up in configuration or can it be a direct connection to my computer?
Peace,
Ray

Connect a computer to the home port of the Telo.
Connect to http://setup.ooma.com
Or http://172.27.35.1
#49376 by murphy
Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:55 am
yogeshvara wrote:I'd like to do this but neither of those links is working for me right now. Can you check to see if they moved the location of this?

Is your computer connected to the Home port of the Telo?
Is your computer set to get it's IP address via DHCP?
If you are configured to use OpenDNS, disable it.
#49479 by coldsteel
Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:48 pm
SETUP ONE: DSL/CABLE MODEM -------> TELO ----------------------> WIRELESS ROUTER ------> Rest of your Network
SETUP TWO: DSL/CABLE MODEM -------> WIRELESS ROUTER ------> Rest of your Network including TELO

Yogeshvara,
Sounds like your configuration is SETUP ONE: where you have the Telo doing VOIP and Acting as your network router which means if the Telo dies then your internet dies.

If you move the position of the Telo to how I have it shown in SETUP TWO then your internet should stay up regardless of whether the Telo is even turned on or not.

If your configuration is NOT like SETUP ONE then provide some more details please.
#49481 by yogeshvara
Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:07 pm
You are right, I started with set up one. and now I can only stay online with set up 2, but either way Ooma isn't working. So I'm thinking I need to be in set up 2 to get to the setup page and hope that the page will recognize the telo. I'll be going home to try this in half an hour or so.
#49484 by murphy
Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:19 pm
yogeshvara wrote:You are right, I started with set up one. and now I can only stay online with set up 2, but either way Ooma isn't working. So I'm thinking I need to be in set up 2 to get to the setup page and hope that the page will recognize the telo. I'll be going home to try this in half an hour or so.

You must connect a computer to the home port of the Telo to access setup.