Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#49328 by goodbyeverizon
Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:10 pm
Hi, just wondering if anyone who has ported their landline recently from verizon to ooma can talk to me. From what I've read in the forum, the transition should occur to dryloop automatically. I'm nervous to do it because I don't want a break in my service, just wondering how smoothly the transition has occured for you? I am in PA. Thanks!
#49346 by Boondocs
Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:08 pm
Hi I live in PA as well and what I did was port my number out from Verizon then ordered the dryloop service the day after the port went through. I can not remember how long it took for Verizon to complete the port over but I know it was a matter of making sure that I called them to continue the dryloop service. Sorry if I was not much help but I would call Verizon and speak with them about the dryloop service to make sure you can get it in your area.
#49350 by goodbyeverizon
Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:31 pm
Thanks for your reply! I did call, we have dryloop available here. I have a few questions though- Did they charge you more for the dryloop? Did you have to do credit card billing to pay for the dry loop? And from what I'm understanding, you just started the port through ooma first, waited for the port to occur, and then called verizon to continue your dsl, correct? Thanks again! I'm not far from the poconos...still in the northeast part of PA.
#49853 by zendoman
Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:07 am
I was also very nervous about losing my Verizon phone number after having it for so long. I live in Maryland. After a couple of confusing calls to Verizon (it was like I was the first person that had ever ported a phone #!), they finally told me my land line was already gone and because of this I would now have to apply for a dry loop connection to continue to get internet. They told me I would lose my internet connection for 7 to 10 days but still would have my phone number with Ooma. I was very discouraged. Then I got an automated message over the phone from Verizon that evening that warned me I would lose my internet if I did not call the Verizon billing office in 7 days to set up a dry loop. I made the phone call right away and it was no problem at all and is only costing me $26.99/ month. I haven't lost my internet and Ooma is working great!