Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#49218 by BHicks
Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:35 pm
Multi Ring Feature - Will not work!

Remote retrieval of voicemail messages - Will not work!

Ideas?
#49235 by southsound
Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:53 pm
BHicks wrote:Multi Ring Feature - Will not work!

Remote retrieval of voicemail messages - Will not work!

Ideas?

Yes, my idea is that if you want help from a user forum you need to give us a little more information. Can you tell us about how the features are acting / not acting as expected? If you read your post you will probably agree that we don't have a lot to go on. Multi Ring works for many of us - and I use remote retrieval all the time. Are you using the ooma voicemail or a voicemail system that is part of your phone? If the latter, you are correct, it will not currently work. And if you have a hub (white unit, not the black Telo) it will never work. Please give us some additional information (starting with what system you have) and we will try to help.
#49298 by BHicks
Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:53 am
Yes, on second thought, I could have provided more data.

I'm using the Telo (black) unit with no additional handsets and I've set up the Ooma voicemail with a passord. I call in to my unit and per instructions (when call rolls to voice mail), enter *(PIN). Nothing happens. If the Ooma outgoing message is playing, it just continues. If I wait till the tone (leave message) and try the *PIN; I get an announcement that Ooma didn't recognize the message (or something like that) and it hangs up. The email forward feature works like a charm; I just simply cannot call my unit and retrieve messages.

As for the multi-ring function, I set the preference on my Ooma site (call forwarding, enable call forwarding, multi ring mode...with a call forwarding number of course). Calling my number however only rings the Telo unit; the forwarded number, my cell in this case, never rings.

B. Hicks
#49306 by Groundhound
Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:34 pm
When you activated your Telo, did you choose to integrate your landline or did you receive an Ooma number?
#49321 by BHicks
Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:09 pm
I integrated my landline desiring to make sure the 'service', actually worked before rolling over my Verizon number.

B. Hicks
#49325 by Groundhound
Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:54 pm
BHicks wrote:I integrated my landline desiring to make sure the 'service', actually worked before rolling over my Verizon number.

IMHO, landline integration should only be used if you intend to keep the landline permanently, as several Ooma features will not work with it. I suggest you call customer service and have them set up your Ooma as stand-alone with a temporary Ooma number so you can test out all the features. You can, if desired, forward your landline (setup with your landline provider) to your temporary Ooma number until you port it over so inbound calls will ring on your Ooma.
#49372 by BHicks
Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:45 am
I'll try that, the suggested configuration seems to make sense.

Thanks
#49441 by BHicks
Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:52 am
I obtained an Ooma number and the remove retrieval of messages worked, as did the multi-ring function, when calling the Ooma number directly.

I then set up call forwarding to the Ooma number and was able to see that the calls were forwarded to it. I was also able to leave and retrieve messages but the multi-ring function is absent. I'm guessing this function will not work with a forwarded number (still works if I call the Ooma number directly) that the issue will disappear upon porting the landline number?

Also, since purchasing the unit, about one month ago, there have been a couple of times when the Ooma wouldn't answser; according to callers, it would ring and ring, the voice mail not picking up. Unit looked fine on each occassion, the unit returning to normal upon being disconnected from electricity and 'rebooted'. Any idea what may be causing this behavior? Would it be expected to continue upon landline porting?