Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#48223 by TourGuide
Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:31 am
Hello,

I have an old style hub/scout unit that has been performing mostly fine since we hooked it up and ported our number last fall. Within the past couple of weeks our we have been experiencing intermittent (about every 20-30 minutes) an internet service interruption. Sometimes internet service stops, then starts again without explanation. We have the hub connected as recommended modem -> hub -> router.

Anyone have any ideas on how to stop this happening? It makes streaming content practically impossible and frankly it is a QOS issue I cannot tolerate.

-TG
#48224 by murphy
Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:44 am
TourGuide wrote:Hello,

I have an old style hub/scout unit that has been performing mostly fine since we hooked it up and ported our number last fall. Within the past couple of weeks our we have been experiencing intermittent (about every 20-30 minutes) an internet service interruption. Sometimes internet service stops, then starts again without explanation. We have the hub connected as recommended modem -> hub -> router.

Anyone have any ideas on how to stop this happening? It makes streaming content practically impossible and frankly it is a QOS issue I cannot tolerate.

-TG

Connect to the setup page in the hub

http://setup.ooma.com

Go to the network page
Click the radio button for Use built in MAC address
Click the update button.

Power cycle the modem.
#48328 by wym
Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:52 pm
I had an internet conncetion issue too with my telo. My connection is modem->telo->router. It has been working fine until this morning when I found I couldn't connect to internet from my PC. The ooma telo is still working and phone calls are fine. Now, I have to bypass the ooma to conncet the modem to router directly to use the internet. Anyone else have the same issue? Should I return the telo for a replacement or just need some trick to make it work again?
#48377 by Soundjudgment
Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:42 pm
wym wrote: Anyone else have the same issue? Should I return the telo for a replacement or just need some trick to make it work again?

modem->router->telo.