Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#47518 by pkmafam
Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:40 pm
im a newb. please be patient.
i have a telo. cable internet. i am in the process of porting old # (started feb. 10th or 12th). i can make out-going calls with ooma dial tone. when i call my cell phone it recognizes my home #. when i call from my cell phone, or anyone else calls me, my phone does not ring. it does not goto voicemail --- for the caller it just rings and rings (but does not actually at my house). by the way, i have ooma set to pick up after 4 rings.
i am using a house phone made by at&t dect 6.0 do i need to sync this phone with ooma somehow?
also, i tried hooking my phone back up to my landline, and there was no longer a dial tone, and my phone read "no line".
i have not been able to get a phone call since i started to port.
thanks for any help.
#47553 by pkmafam
Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:28 pm
customer support was quick to answer phone, and was very helpful.
they thought maybe it was on phone company side, so before i called old phone company i retraced my wires and saw that the phone wire to my modem had disconnected. i plugged it in and everything worked.
sorry to have wasted anyones time. i should have known to check wiring first.
#47571 by amoney
Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:28 pm
You said phone wire to modem... do you have DSL? If you PORTING, be sure it will not cancel your DSL service, it has to be seperated. Verizon and perhaps other do it automatically, but it would be wise to check.