Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#47109 by wingwanch
Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:11 pm
Without notice, ooma stopped ringing when a call came in. My callers said that they heard no ring, but that the voicemail did come on, and recording voicemail did work. This went on for two days and I did wonder why the phone didn't ring. I checked preferences, and ooma was set to six rings. I finally unplugged ooma for ten sec. and then rebooted it, then ooma started ringing again. All this time, calling out worked fine.

Can anybody tell me why this happened? How can you fix a problem that has no indication?
#47116 by murphy
Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:45 am
wingwanch wrote:Without notice, ooma stopped ringing when a call came in. My callers said that they heard no ring, but that the voicemail did come on, and recording voicemail did work. This went on for two days and I did wonder why the phone didn't ring. I checked preferences, and ooma was set to six rings. I finally unplugged ooma for ten sec. and then rebooted it, then ooma started ringing again. All this time, calling out worked fine.

Can anybody tell me why this happened? How can you fix a problem that has no indication?

Weren't you getting email notifications that a voice mail had been left?
Wasn't the play button blinking to indicate a new voice mail?
#47126 by gunfyter
Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:17 am
Perhaps you inadvertently put the OOMA in DO NOT DISTURB mode. In that mode the phone does not ring but everything goes to voice mail.
#47127 by hpepper
Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:03 am
wingwanch wrote:Without notice, ooma stopped ringing when a call came in. My callers said that they heard no ring, but that the voicemail did come on, and recording voicemail did work. This went on for two days and I did wonder why the phone didn't ring. I checked preferences, and ooma was set to six rings. I finally unplugged ooma for ten sec. and then rebooted it, then ooma started ringing again. All this time, calling out worked fine.

My Ooma Telo actually did this just this morning - same thing. The caller couldn't hear a ring-back (just dead-air for about 20 seconds which is how long I have the ring time set) but ended up hearing my voice-mail greeting and was able to leave a message.

I rebooted the Telo and it is working fine now... not sure what caused it.
#47265 by wingwanch
Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:36 pm
I did accidentally set the 'do not disturb' to on, so that the telo did not ring. Thanks for all the help.