Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#46999 by jkjflee
Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:15 pm
Is there any way to find out who or what is in the community black list?

How many people use it?

Could it possibly block local calls from local land lines? I am having a issue with local calls not calling through. Some people get the message this line is disconnected. Other calls dial right through.

If I put the peoples numbers in my contacts will this help?

Looking for inputs..

Thanks
#47013 by murphy
Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:48 am
The community blacklist is an automated list. If the same phone number is put on some number, known only to Ooma, of private blacklists it gets added to the community blacklist.
#47016 by jkjflee
Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:13 am
So if you put Co XYZ on the black list ... and I wanted XYZ to call me they would never get through on my phone?

Thanks
#47019 by dsinternet
Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:28 am
murphy wrote:The community blacklist is an automated list. If the same phone number is put on some number, known only to Ooma, of private blacklists it gets added to the community blacklist.

It is my understanding that it takes many, many private blacklists of the same number before it would go to the community black list. So it would not go on the community black list unless it really was a spam number.
#47029 by murphy
Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:41 am
jkjflee wrote:So if you put Co XYZ on the black list ... and I wanted XYZ to call me they would never get through on my phone?

Thanks

Unless some unknown number of people, maybe 50 (only Ooma knows what the value is), put xyz on their blacklist xyz would not be on the community blacklist.
You do not have to use the community blacklist if you don't want to.