Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#46935 by jkjflee
Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:27 pm
My # ported last week.

I found out later in the week some local land line only people were getting "number has been disconnected recording" I call them but they cat call me. long distance I have not heard any problem.

I called ooma went over the set up, Reset the system, my internet was blamed, they pointed the finger at my end as it was my fault. I have performed every test they requested and I came out fine. The issue is on their end..

Here is a little back ground info.

I have the hub and scout
My phone # was ported from a local provider. It was not from brand name Company like ATT, Quest ect..
land line has been disconnected.
I have called my old provider and told them to cancel my account. They told me they have done so.
I have the phone numbers and one of the phone providers name of the people who get this disconnect message. I called and gave to ooma.

Anything else I need to do or check that you can think of? It has been a long journey to get to where I am at with ooma. I really hate to give up now and port back to a land line.

Thanks
#47164 by ooma1113
Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:18 pm
Have you had these people try to call you using a different phone i.e. cell phone . My friend was unable to call me from his home phone due to Comcast not having updated their database. My father also had comcast and was unable to call me from his home phone with comcast until they did a database update and then both were able to call me no problem. Lastly they received the message my number had been disconnected or was not a working number until the update took place. Good Luck :)
#47166 by murphy
Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:24 pm
Have the people that can't call you call their phone company and report that they are unable to call a known working number.
Do not mention Ooma or anything else. For whatever reason, they are failing to forward the call out of their system.
#47236 by jkjflee
Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:51 pm
ooma1113 wrote:Have you had these people try to call you using a different phone i.e. cell phone . My friend was unable to call me from his home phone due to Comcast not having updated their database.
:)

How do you get them to update the data base?

The one person I talked to told me his provider is Quest. He can call from a cell phone no problem. The issue is when they call only with the land line phone.
#47237 by jkjflee
Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:53 pm
murphy wrote:Have the people that can't call you call their phone company and report that they are unable to call a known working number.
Do not mention Ooma or anything else. For whatever reason, they are failing to forward the call out of their system.

I will have to see if I can do this for him. Great Idea...