Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#46465 by neilbliss
Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:58 am
This morning I can't call an 800 number that I was able to yesterday.
#46529 by ntoy
Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:27 am
Hello,

I show your account has Landline configuration which means that all local & toll free calls route through
your local phone provider. You may want to contact them.
#46536 by southsound
Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:44 am
ntoy wrote:Hello,

I show your account has Landline configuration which means that all local & toll free calls route through
your local phone provider. You may want to contact them.

Norm, I know that used to be the way landline configuration worked, but we had several asking about it, sure that all outgoing went through the landline - even local. I quoted an earlier post by Mojo but then another user, but this person persisted.

highq wrote:
southsound wrote:
highq wrote: I have landline integration, and while all inbound calls come through the landline, NO outbound calls route through the landline.

From previous posts from ooma moderators, I'm not sure this is true. I wonder if you could be so good as to try something that will put the issue to rest for the current builds of the product, once and for all?

My thoughts are as follows. If you are indeed not using the landline for an outgoing call, then you should not be able to hear the call on that landline. Just dialtone. My test would be as efollows. Plug a corded phone into one of the house phone jacks that are still powered by the landline. You should be able to make a call from this phone using your existing landline. Then, with the ooma still connected up to the wall jack as normal, go make a local call on the ooma. After it connects, pick up the corded phone that is connected to the landline. Can you hear the conversation? If so, the local call is made over the landline. If you hear dialtone, then the call is traveling over ooma's VOIP. This test is the only definitive way to test it out. Disconnecting the landline will force ooma to use VOIP for the call so that is not a valid test.

If you or someone else is willing to make the test the way I have described and post back the results, we would really appreciate it.

I'm delighted to invest 55 seconds in the cause of truth and beauty. ;)

While calling out over the phone connected to my Telo (from and to numbers both in the 212 area), the other phones connected to my landline still present a Verizon dialtone, quod erat demonstrandum.

So maybe ooma has changed their routing for integrated landline calls. According to the test highq did, the calls local calls were using the landline. Opinions? Clarification?
#46542 by ntoy
Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:14 pm
Hello southsound,

Sorry, I missed an open bug.
Currently, we have a backend workaround that forces all outbound calls to go over SIP on Landline configured Telos.
#46544 by southsound
Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:17 pm
Thanks, Norm. That explains the change and will help us in replying to customers.

Is the routing for the hub still the same as it was: local, 800, 911 outgoing and all incoming over landline with all long distance outgoing over SIP?

Could you let us know when the routing on the Telo is restored to the above?
#46546 by ntoy
Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:27 pm
Hello,

Yup, Landline configured hubs work as described.

I'll try to make a mental note on the fix when it becomes available.

Thx
#46631 by neilbliss
Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:41 pm
My 800 number worked at about noon EST but doesn't as of this moment. I am connected to a landline and can call that 800 number with ease when I use the regular telephone.
#46891 by mikeg
Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:44 am
I just purchased a Hub and was surprised that local and toll free calls were going over the attached landline. I would like all outgoing calls to go out over the Ooma VOIP. An earlier post indicates that the "Telo" can be configured to route all outgoing calls over Ooma. Can the "Hub" also be configured that way?

If the Hub can not be configured to make outgoing calls over the Ooma, but the Telo can be configured that way, I would want to return my Hub to Costco and buy a Telo.

When calling the support line, it took a lot of time trying to find someone that would believe that local calls are routed over the landline. If the device (Hub or Telo) can be configured to route all calls over Ooma, who would I contact that would know how to make that change.
#46898 by southsound
Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:57 am
mikeg wrote:I just purchased a Hub and was surprised that local and toll free calls were going over the attached landline. I would like all outgoing calls to go out over the Ooma VOIP. An earlier post indicates that the "Telo" can be configured to route all outgoing calls over Ooma. Can the "Hub" also be configured that way?

If the Hub can not be configured to make outgoing calls over the Ooma, but the Telo can be configured that way, I would want to return my Hub to Costco and buy a Telo.

When calling the support line, it took a lot of time trying to find someone that would believe that local calls are routed over the landline. If the device (Hub or Telo) can be configured to route all calls over Ooma, who would I contact that would know how to make that change.

I would be careful making a buying decision based on the current behavior of the Telo sending all outgoing over SIP. As Norm said, this is because of a bug. When ooma gets it sorted out, call routing goes back to the same way that the hub is currently doing it. Probably the best way to make sure all outgoing is through your ooma device is to ask ooma to de-integrate your landline and give you an ooma number. Then forward your landline to that new ooma number. That way, all incoming will be from your landline number (through forwarding) to your ooma and all outgoing will be over ooma. The only downside is that outgoing CID will be for the new ooma number.