Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#45519 by teacup775
Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:39 pm
Your support weenies just ported the wrong number. The converted my cell phone number instead of my land line. Given that I specified the _land_line_ phone number (YYY)-(YYY)-(YYYY) I don't know how many times, I find this mistake really disappointing. You'd think the porter would care to he's porting the correct number on an account that has more than one phone.

Now my cell is going to be offline for 5 days, until ATT can restore it.

This has been bolloxed up twice now. I certainly would prefer to see a refund on the porting charges. I have now paid out an extra $60 buck service to a land line that should have been ported two months ago.
#45528 by amoney
Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:40 pm
How would they have gotten your cell number to begin with???
#45539 by southsound
Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:41 pm
teacup775 wrote:Your support weenies just ported the wrong number. The converted my cell phone number instead of my land line. Given that I specified the _land_line_ phone number (YYY)-(YYY)-(YYYY) I don't know how many times, I find this mistake really disappointing. You'd think the porter would care to he's porting the correct number on an account that has more than one phone.

Now my cell is going to be offline for 5 days, until ATT can restore it.

This has been bolloxed up twice now. I certainly would prefer to see a refund on the porting charges. I have now paid out an extra $60 buck service to a land line that should have been ported two months ago.

Gosh! You got me. I was busy doing other raccoon things and you are right - while the weenies were cooking I ported stuff that I should not have ported. Bad raccoon. And I am really sorry that things have been bollexed up. (Is that really a word?) I will be sending you a certificate for $60 BAB (bad attitude bucks) just as soon as I can figure out my fax machine. Thank you so much for reporting my grevious error on a user forum. Now I will have to explain to my wife, our 21 kids, and the neighbors what a bad raccoon I am. :P
.
.
.

Whew!! Sorry about the angry racoon image. Edited to remove my bad attitude. Sorry. I wonder how they got your cell phone number mixed up? Is there a possibility you mistakenly transposed it on the forms? I have not ported a number so I don't have a much first hand knowledge regarding what is on them.
Last edited by southsound on Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
#45541 by oldanbo
Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:14 pm
And most important, I am not an employee of ooma or any other VOIP company. Just a user like 99.5% of the other members of this form. Something about raccoons being unable to meet the minimum height requirements.[/quote]

Thats the same thing they told me when I applied to be an officer at the kirkland pd and wsp after being released from active duty....way back when.

I don't understand why, when's the last time anyone saw a 5'9" racoon wannbe anyway? :shock:

Let's see, I want to port my landline so I give my cell number. Did I miss something? I guess so.

Cheers
#45542 by teacup775
Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:37 pm
Sorry Mr Raccoon.

Put yourself in my shoes. Support is only available during normal business hours. It is Friday evening. My cell phone is the only phone I care about, and the land line I could give a fig about.

What am I going to do call the support line and get the "call us back working hours" as a way to deal with my frustration?

The porter mostly likely took the cell phone number from my att account, which I gave them access to. I have to assume the individual in question grabbed the first number he saw. But it is also possible the individual who did the port was given my cell which was used during a support call instead of the land line.

The label says OOMA forum. I feel it's appropriate to vent about service issues here.
#45549 by oldanbo
Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:48 pm
teacup775 wrote:Sorry Mr Raccoon.

Put yourself in my shoes. Support is only available during normal business hours. It is Friday evening. My cell phone is the only phone I care about, and the land line I could give a fig about.

What am I going to do call the support line and get the "call us back working hours" as a way to deal with my frustration?

The porter mostly likely took the cell phone number from my att account, which I gave them access to. I have to assume the individual in question grabbed the first number he saw. But it is also possible the individual who did the port was given my cell which was used during a support call instead of the land line.

The label says OOMA forum. I feel it's appropriate to vent about service issues here.


I do not speak for mr racoon, nor anyone else.
I empathize with the ooma support situation and many others here may do so as well. I can offer some words of support and advice.

Many of the people on these forums like to help fellow ooma users. I know for a fact that "Mr. Racoon" is one of those people. So much for my advice.

Now to speak to support, if memory serves, when I had my landline ported I had to sign and send a porting authorization to ooma. And on that form I had to specifically list the number to be ported.
Did you not have to do so?

I guess that answering that question may not help, I'm just wondering if procedures have changed. I hope that ooma support can rectify your problem, or theirs whichever may be the case.

Cheers
#45553 by teacup775
Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:59 pm
I filled out an online form, and verified that the original request verification mail lists the correct phone #... but the service call follow up mail shows they swapped it for my cell. One of those things I didn't even think to look at since it was predicated by a long phone call and the cell was given out only as a contact number AND the nature of the support call wasn't about changing the number, but them gaining access to the att account to grant the port.

sigh --
#45563 by southsound
Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:57 am
teacup775 wrote:
The label says OOMA forum. I feel it's appropriate to vent about service issues here.

You are 100% correct. I edited my post to remove MY bad attitude. Sometimes I have a tendancy to post before I have had a chance to understand how it might come accross to others. I'll bet that if I had similar events happen, I'd be a little angry in my post to the forum as well. Sorry for the terse first reply!
#45597 by NB2A
Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:21 am
amoney wrote:How would they have gotten your cell number to begin with???

I am not commenting about the OP but I was curious about your question

Do you realize how many people you call assume the number you are calling from is your own primary number? :o
#45601 by VicMatson
Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:56 am
teacup775 wrote:I filled out an online form, and verified that the original request verification mail lists the correct phone #... but the service call follow up mail shows they swapped it for my cell. One of those things I didn't even think to look at since it was predicated by a long phone call and the cell was given out only as a contact number AND the nature of the support call wasn't about changing the number, but them gaining access to the att account to grant the port.

sigh --
Please answer, how did they get your cell phone number? Also, if you aren't aware yet, porting out a cell number closes that account and if you're still under contract you will get a final bill with an Early termination fee.

But, again, how did they get your cell number?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests