Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#45160 by stumpy
Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:15 pm
My base set rings with incoming calls, but my 3 additional handsets do not ring. This is a Panasonic 5.8 system. Anybody know how to fix this?
#45161 by southsound
Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:17 pm
Not sure about your Panasonic, but my Uniden DECT 6.0 handsets have individual volume controls. Pressing the volume up/down rocker when the phone is not in use adjusts the ringing volume of that handset. I would assume that most handsets work this way.
#45163 by stumpy
Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:25 pm
The ringers are turned on all the handsets, but only the base station rings. Miss a lot of calls when in other rooms and don't hear the phone ring.
#45211 by lchan
Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:02 am
Have you tested your Panasonic phones with out phone lines? I am using Panasonic 5.8GHz cordless phones. Actually I have always been using Panasonic phones and never have a problem.
#45242 by stumpy
Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:32 am
I've had these Panasonics over 2 years with no problems. It must have something to do with Ooma.
I should have phrased my question: Is there some special configuration that has to be done to get non-Telo handsets to ring?

What have I done wrong?
#45259 by oldanbo
Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:29 pm
stumpy wrote:I've had these Panasonics over 2 years with no problems. It must have something to do with Ooma.
I should have phrased my question: Is there some special configuration that has to be done to get non-Telo handsets to ring?

What have I done wrong?

I have had no problems with my Vtechs. Can't speak about Panys, but many people here use them and like them. I do not know of any special configurations required.

My .02 cents
Regards,
Dan
#45273 by murphy
Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:05 pm
Does your Panasonic base have the ability to call the handsets on an intercom call? If it does, can you call each of the handsets in turn and have them ring?

The fact that the base rings but the handsets don't suggests a problem with the Panasonic system.
#45286 by amoney
Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:37 pm
Since your base is receiving the call fine, it and only it is responsible to signal your handsets.

Can you test in a neighbors house to confirm?

Also helpfull to post your model, flip over the base.

When you press up for volume does it show the "graph" indicating max volume, does it show mute anywhere on the screen?

Again since you base is working fine, Ooma would have nothing to due with your handsets.
#45390 by stumpy
Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:55 pm
The intercom feature works fine between all 3 handsets and the base----model # KX-TGA560B.
There is a procedure for registering additional Telo handsets with the Ooma base, and I wonder if there is something I need to do to "register" my non-Telo phones. Anyway, I do appreciate all the comments and suggestions. It will probabably turn out to be something real simple that I've overlooked in setting up this new system. Overall I am very pleased with my Ooma.
#45398 by murphy
Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:49 am
As far as Telo is concerned you have a single phone connected to the Telo base. It knows nothing about the cordless handsets that work with it. Do you have the default ring tone assigned to your Telo line? Special ring tones may confuse the cordless base and interfere with it's ability to ring the handsets.