Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#45053 by cortcollins
Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:26 am
I tried to forward my calls to an 800 number but found out that Ooma will not forward to a toll free number. I changed my toll free number to a local number 951.602.xxxx and the call is still not forwarded. I have the Forward setup as "Forward All Calls".

Please help as I have lost 1 weeks worth of calls.
#45080 by murphy
Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:32 pm
cortcollins wrote:Any suggestions? This should be easy enough to verify from Ooma's side.

Is there anyone at the forwarded number to answer the call and press 1?
#45220 by cortcollins
Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:37 am
No there is not someone on the other end of the call that can answer the call. The call is forwarded to a hosted PBX where normally the auto attendant would answer the call. When I do forward my Ooma number to the Hosted PBX, the call just rings indefinitely.

Is there a work around for this?

Cort
#45231 by murphy
Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:22 am
The only workaround for now is to set up forwarding on internet outage and then disconnect your Ooma from the internet.
That will fix incoming but makes outgoing calls a problem.

It is hoped that at some point the press 1 to accept the call will be made optional.
#45310 by cortcollins
Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:09 pm
I have 2 scouts and 1 hub for a total of 3 Ooma phone numbers. The 1 number I want to forward to my Virtual PBX is on one of the scouts. Can I just disconnect that specific scout from my hub and setup "Forward Calls on Internet Outage" to point to my Virtual PBX number? I do need access to my 2 other Ooma phone numbers for incoming/outgoing calls.

BTW: Thanks for your help.

Cort
#45364 by murphy
Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:47 pm
cortcollins wrote:I have 2 scouts and 1 hub for a total of 3 Ooma phone numbers. The 1 number I want to forward to my Virtual PBX is on one of the scouts. Can I just disconnect that specific scout from my hub and setup "Forward Calls on Internet Outage" to point to my Virtual PBX number? I do need access to my 2 other Ooma phone numbers for incoming/outgoing calls.

BTW: Thanks for your help.

Cort

I just tried it and the call went to voice mail.