Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#46541 by ntoy
Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:09 pm
Hello Kneo,

Unfortunately i wasn't able to look up your account based on the email you used to register.
Please send me a personal email. And to reiterate, when you make an outbound call from a private number assigned to a device, it displays the main number as the caller id?

Thx
#46586 by scottlindner
Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:44 pm
I just hit an interesting snag due to this little bug. I was camping out on the soda with the phone next to me, dialed our number to check a message I slept through (napping with the little one). It acted like I was calling from another number. Duh.. because I am! What I find odd is that I don't treat the numbers seperately so if someone calls line 2, it leaves a message on the same voicemail box. Naturally I would have expected that if I called line 1 from line 2 it would take me to the voicemail already logged in so I could listen to messages. So it appears this bug has other side affects.

Mods.. is there an ETA for a fix?

Scott
#46603 by ntoy
Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:50 pm
Hello scottlindner,

Currently, your account is configured to share both numbers meaning there is only one voicemail box.

In order to have separate vmail boxes, you can log into My Ooma & assign your second number to the scout making it private.
#46608 by bert68ku
Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:15 pm
Is there a bug in the system or not ? When I called support they said everything looks fine on my account and based on the web I would agree it "looks" ok but it is still very broken.
#46610 by scottlindner
Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:22 pm
ntoy wrote:Hello scottlindner,

Currently, your account is configured to share both numbers meaning there is only one voicemail box.

In order to have separate vmail boxes, you can log into My Ooma & assign your second number to the scout making it private.

You misunderstand. What you describe is the bug I am reporting just like the others in this thread. I *want* my Ooma to work how you describe, and I *want* it to work the way it is currently configured in the Lounge. The problem is, it is not working that way. That is the bug we are reporting in this thread.

Something went wrong with the Lounge recently, and we're all reporting the problem. According to the posts dated today, this bug still exists.

Scott
#46706 by intlcon
Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:55 am
is there a fix yet or an eta for a fix for this problem? My phone caller ID was working fine, then all of a sudden the caller ID switched to the number on my other line.
#46712 by Studly
Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:36 am
As an update, I reported this problem to Ooma Support 9 days ago, and still no fixes or updates. My outgoing caller ID is still wrong on my second line from the Scout.

Ooma Support, we've all been waiting a long time for a fix or at the very minimum, an update!!
#46717 by murphy
Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:02 am
Have you power cycled your hub?
Mine was broken and now works correctly.