Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#44806 by EFlores
Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:09 am
I setup my privacy preferences to block my display of my caller ID for outgoing calls, but it only works for the phone connected to the Hub, it does not apply any of the preferences selections to the scouts. Does anyone know why this is happening?
#44807 by murphy
Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:11 am
If your scout is a personal device with it's own phone number, you have to log in using it's phone number to set it's preferences.
#44812 by EFlores
Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:15 am
murphy wrote:If your scout is a personal device with it's own phone number, you have to log in using it's phone number to set it's preferences.

Thanks Murphy, I am using the shared option for both of my numbers, and when I login using the other phone number I see the same settings for the preferences.
#44839 by murphy
Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:37 am
EFlores wrote:
murphy wrote:If your scout is a personal device with it's own phone number, you have to log in using it's phone number to set it's preferences.

Thanks Murphy, I am using the shared option for both of my numbers, and when I login using the other phone number I see the same settings for the preferences.

Call Customer Support and ask them to verify that the serial number that they have linked to your hub matches the serial number that is on the bottom of the scout. A number of scouts were shipped with the wrong serial number on the bottom.
#44845 by EFlores
Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:00 am
murphy wrote:
EFlores wrote:

Call Customer Support and ask them to verify that the serial number that they have linked to your hub matches the serial number that is on the bottom of the scout. A number of scouts were shipped with the wrong serial number on the bottom.

Thanks again for your help, I will call CS and see if they can help me this time around.