Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#44785 by Gooma
Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:42 am
When I called a friend they stated that the name came up a "Private Number". Is there anyway for the description to reflect our name?

Thanks.

Anthony
#44788 by topwinder
Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:53 am
Same here. One the first 2 days of owning ooma, My number would be displayed along with "Unknown" as the name. Now it shows "Private". If I call a cell phone, the number is displayed. Most probably a problem with CNAM database, but wondering why the change after a couple of days.
#44789 by kruegs
Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:55 am
X3, although mine shows "Ooma Inc" on many people's caller-id systems. I am in the process of porting my number from Qwest, and will wait this one out to see if after the port my name shows correctly. If not, I suppose a call to support is in order!
#44811 by Gooma
Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:15 am
In reading the information under preferences. I tried entering *67 then hung up. I then call a friend at work and they were able to see our phone number. I will continue to monitor to see if the change sticks. Also since we have 4 phones, I do not know if the changes applies to all phones or if we need to do for each?
#44820 by Gooma
Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:48 am
I just spoke to support and they suggested I reboot the hub and that may correct the problem. She stated that the phone number if your preference is set properly should show up but it will take about 10 days after activitation before the name will appear. I will updated later.
#44848 by southsound
Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:14 am
Gooma wrote:I just spoke to support and they suggested I reboot the hub and that may correct the problem. She stated that the phone number if your preference is set properly should show up but it will take about 10 days after activitation before the name will appear. I will updated later.

I set up my ooma hub on February 6, 2009. When I call someone it gives the correct number (as it always has) but has never changed from Unavailable for the name. I have had no less that 4 tickets created (and closed) by tech support. Still says Unavailable. On my Telo, the name was correct within a week. I even tried to have support clone my information from my Telo for the hub. Still no change. So I guess a more accurate answer would have been, "Times to display the correct name may vary."
#44850 by Gooma
Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:43 am
southsound wrote:
Gooma wrote:I just spoke to support and they suggested I reboot the hub and that may correct the problem. She stated that the phone number if your preference is set properly should show up but it will take about 10 days after activitation before the name will appear. I will updated later.

I set up my ooma hub on February 6, 2009. When I call someone it gives the correct number (as it always has) but has never changed from Unavailable for the name. I have had no less that 4 tickets created (and closed) by tech support. Still says Unavailable. On my Telo, the name was correct within a week. I even tried to have support clone my information from my Telo for the hub. Still no change. So I guess a more accurate answer would have been, "Times to display the correct name may vary."

I have a telco (no hub) so hopefully my experience will be the same as yours. I will update once I get confirmation that the name appears. Thanks for your reply.