Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#46892 by amoney
Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:00 am
larrys1 wrote:Well, so much for a smooth transfer. I wish Ooma would keep you more updated with what's happening with you port request. I keep calling and getting the same response: "We don't have a FOC (Firm Order of Committment) from Qwest". So, is Ooma not pushing hard enough or is Qwest being difficult? How long do I wait before I contact the FCC? I mean I'm having to keep paying my phone bill until this thing gets settled.

So after your request to remove the freeze from Quest I would assume you would have to have Ooma restart the process again.

Call Quest to confirm again.

I believe one user went to the extreme as far as doing a three way confrence to get things moving. Yeah you should not have to do this but... so call Ooma and ask to speak to a supervisor, then click over and get Qwest on the line and let them go at it.
#47240 by larrys1
Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:57 pm
Called Ooma Tech Support today and found out the new date for transfer is 2/26. I'll keep my fingers crossed!
#47244 by amoney
Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:08 pm
larrys1 wrote:Called Ooma Tech Support today and found out the new date for transfer is 2/26. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Call Quest, can they confirm receipt of the PORT request. Maybe thats one way to followup ones PORT is going forward, I never thought of contacting the carrier to confirm, but perhaps thats the way to handle things.
#47610 by larrys1
Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:23 am
amoney wrote:
larrys1 wrote:Called Ooma Tech Support today and found out the new date for transfer is 2/26. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Call Quest, can they confirm receipt of the PORT request. Maybe thats one way to followup ones PORT is going forward, I never thought of contacting the carrier to confirm, but perhaps thats the way to handle things.

Took your advice and called Qwest. They could only say it looked like it was in the process of being ported which she said normally takes about 10 days to port a landline. I sure hope it goes through this time. Also, they said THE WEEK OF 2/26. So I guess it could be any day next week. Should be getting an email from Ooma with the FOC soon.
#48696 by larrys1
Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:33 am
UPDATE: I was getting so many emails from Ooma that contradicted each other, that I finally sent an email back informing them if my port did not go through as planned on 2/26, I was going to file a complaint with the FCC. Not necessarily to get Ooma in trouble but to find out where the problems lie. Well, it must have worked, because I received a phone call from the guy who handles all of the "problem" porting issues (he says equals only about 2% of all ports) and he hand-walked mine all the way through and I am happy to say my number has been ported successfully today! Thank you so much to all the great folks at Ooma.