Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#43685 by caseybea
Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:43 pm
Hi- does anyone else have issues withthe CALL LOGS of your 'my ooma' page?

When I click on 'Call Logs', I see all logs. That seems OK.

But when I click on "Inbound Calls" - I see missed calls. And when I click on "Outbound" calls, I see the inbound calls. And so on.

Anyone else seeing anything like this? Happens to me in BOTH msie and firefox. It makes separating inbound/outbound/missed calls quite difficult.
#43688 by ggilman
Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:08 pm
Took me a minute to figure out how it works but I think it's ok...

When you click any of the 3 call types on the left (in, out, missed), it becomes light blue rather than the darker blue. This is the indication that you are turning OFF that type of call for display. When you first come in, they are all darker blue and in your case hitting "inbound" turns OFF the inbound calls and hence you see outbound and and missed.

So, if you really want to show just inbound, unclick both outbound and missed (rather than clicking inbound, just leave that one alone).

Now, there is another issue though. Once you have unclicked outbound and missed, go to page 2. The filters get reset to where they are all clicked. So, it's still not easy to pull out the info you want. If you change the filter while on page 2, it takes you back to page 1. At least that's what it's doing in Google Chrome for me at this moment.
#43707 by caseybea
Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:08 am
ggilman wrote:Took me a minute to figure out how it works but I think it's ok...

When you click any of the 3 call types on the left (in, out, missed), it becomes light blue rather than the darker blue. This is the indication that you are turning OFF that type of call for display. When you first come in, they are all darker blue and in your case hitting "inbound" turns OFF the inbound calls and hence you see outbound and and missed.

So, if you really want to show just inbound, unclick both outbound and missed (rather than clicking inbound, just leave that one alone).

Now, there is another issue though. Once you have unclicked outbound and missed, go to page 2. The filters get reset to where they are all clicked. So, it's still not easy to pull out the info you want. If you change the filter while on page 2, it takes you back to page 1. At least that's what it's doing in Google Chrome for me at this moment.

COOL. OK, I never really noticed the light-blue/dark-blue thing. It works perfectly as described. The page-thing you described is annoying, but you can change the view-calls-number to like, 50 per screen so that doesn't matter so much to me. I do like to say, view the most recent calls, 50 is enough.

Thanks for responding to me on the call log thing. I should have figured it out, but totally missed it. Glad to know I'm not losing my mind. I'd click on one thing, and get another. No wonder.. :D
#43709 by sfhub
Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:20 am
Yeah, it's one of those things where the UI team will get 10 people and watch them behind a 2-way mirror and find that 10 out of 10 people think pressing each item will show only those items instead of what it does, which is remove those items from the log.

Then they'll make a suggestion that the UI should be changed to match peoples' natural expectations. Either change it so clicking on the call type shows only that type of call, or add a checkmark after each of the text (which gets removed when you click on it) so it is clear that item is no longer being selected for display.

Hmm, maybe we just saved Ooma a few thousand dollars of UI testing? :)
#43710 by caseybea
Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:34 am
Yeah, the checkmark (or radiobutton, or..) would be WAY more intuitive.

Not worth pursuing with Ooma, as I now have what I need.

Now, if I can only get my PORT process sped up.... :shock:
#43718 by ggilman
Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:38 am
It does seem rather confusing. The standard way to show an on/off state like this would be via check-boxes as you state. The dark/light blue works but since it's not what average computer users expect, it's not obvious what is happening.