Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#43509 by Mike-o-Matic
Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:51 am
Fascinating. Heck, the author even indicates that somehow, he's ported his number to GV... And that others will be able to do so soon, when the feature is released publicly later this year.
#43522 by VicMatson
Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:19 am
Mike-o-Matic wrote:Fascinating. Heck, the author even indicates that somehow, he's ported his number to GV... And that others will be able to do so soon, when the feature is released publicly later this year.
Nope, sorry, he ported a while ago before they shut it down! If I remember right it was when GrandCentral was bought by Google and changed the name to GV. About the same time is when you did a gmap search you could call them from the same kind of link. I called France by accident and woke someone up!
#43538 by Soundjudgment
Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:04 am
"" it likely won’t be too long before Google is adding soft phone functionality to the browser directly via their Gizmo5 acquisition. At that point you won’t even need a phone any more. You’ll just be able to initiate and receive calls directly to your computer as you can with Skype and other services today. ""

So... it has begun...