Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#42836 by caseybea
Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:02 pm
As I (almost) finished the online form for porting... towards the bottom there is a section with about 8 lines of data:

Ooma Subscriber
Phone number to be ported
(and a few other things)

then there are:
"Account holder date of birth" and
"Last 4 digits of social security number".

It is not clear WHICH account holder they're asking for here? (OOMA account, or landline being ported account?)

Our landline is in my wife's name, but the ooma account is in my name.

there are enough problems people report with the porting process-- I want to get the above 100% right so I don't get this process screwed up.

Can anyone clarify which person (ooma ccount holder, or landline account holder) the DOB and SSN items are for?

thanks
#42849 by hpepper
Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:12 am
tonyquan wrote:I think you're going to run into problems with this. Most phone providers won't allow a port unless both accounts are held by the same person. Check out this page:

http://www.voipmechanic.com/porting.htm

"Billing names do not match" is a standard reason given to not allow a port.

It can be hit or miss on the billing names not matching. I ported using a different name AND address and it went through fine. Some carriers can be picky about the process if they want to.
#42850 by murphy
Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:40 am
caseybea wrote:As I (almost) finished the online form for porting... towards the bottom there is a section with about 8 lines of data:

Ooma Subscriber
Phone number to be ported
(and a few other things)

then there are:
"Account holder date of birth" and
"Last 4 digits of social security number".

It is not clear WHICH account holder they're asking for here? (OOMA account, or landline being ported account?)

Our landline is in my wife's name, but the ooma account is in my name.

there are enough problems people report with the porting process-- I want to get the above 100% right so I don't get this process screwed up.

Can anyone clarify which person (ooma ccount holder, or landline account holder) the DOB and SSN items are for?

thanks

The want the data for the phone account that you are porting from. They need to verify that you are the actual owner of the account and not someone trying to steal the number.
#42865 by caseybea
Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:22 am
OK, thank you. I figure if I have all the information 100% correct, that increases my chances of this not going badly :|
#42908 by amoney
Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:02 am
I had the same situation.

The landline was in my wifes name as well.

I entered her information for the account holder.

The Ooma account was under my name.

PORT was successfull.

(ATT)