Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#42572 by larrys1
Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:18 am
Looking for an invite to GV. Anybody???
#42582 by byersthja
Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:47 pm
You might have better luck posting in the VoIP Tech Chat forum at dslreports.com.
#46562 by Tiger5353
Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:49 pm
larrys1 wrote:Looking for an invite to GV. Anybody???

I sent you a message via the board which should be sent via your e-mail account. If you did not get it you can e-mail me at tiger52524949@gmail.com and i will send you an invite.
#46900 by drtrech
Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:07 am
Does it actually help to get an invite from a GV member?

I submitted my request to GV a while ago, and have received not even an acknowledgment.

If it actually moves things along to get an invite from a member, I'm ready to start begging now.
#46903 by murphy
Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:17 am
I suspect that you are more likely to get an invite when you request it from the Google site if the email address that you specify it is to be sent to is a gmail address.
#46910 by southsound
Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:49 am
Just an important note regarding Google Voice invitations. If you use MS Outlook for your email and have the junk mail filter turned on, your invitation will end up there. I had this happen to me and several others. I was blessed to see it in my junk folder before I emptied it, but others may not have been so fortunate.

Here is the address you need to place in your safe sender's list: Google Voice [voice-noreply@google.com]

Another tip so you don't spoil your invitation - make sure you are logged into the gmail account that you want tied to your GV number when you use the invitation (click the link). The link is set up to "marry" itself to an open gmail account and cannot be changed without major problems.
#46957 by amoney
Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:37 pm
murphy wrote:I suspect that you are more likely to get an invite when you request it from the Google site if the email address that you specify it is to be sent to is a gmail address.

Not in my case, I requested a google number for my gmail account, no repsonse either.

My advise to anyone, ask away!

;)
#49119 by drtrech
Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:13 pm
It turns out that there are a couple of ways to get invites.

1. If a friend has GV and can't find an invite option, have him go to his inbox, and on the address bar change #inbox to #invite. (I haven't tried this yet, as I just got my account and don't have invites to give yet.

2. eBay. They're going for under $2 a pop. (Now why didn't I think of that when I was trying to get one?)
#49120 by mthomtech
Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:17 pm
I've tried for an invite from my gmail account ... but no dice yet either.
#49133 by hingli
Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:54 pm
I have 2 invites, PM if you want one.

Edit: I have one more.
Edit: Sorry, I sent the 2 invites. :(