Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#42493 by NB2A
Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:23 pm
Has pulse dialing ever worked? :?:
#42498 by amoney
Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:31 pm
So whats still out there that uses pulse dialing??

Curious, thanks!
#42629 by Soundjudgment
Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:35 pm
Pulse is as dead as the Do-Do.
#42648 by southsound
Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:38 pm

Does that mean I have to retire the Strowger switch I use in my home telephone network? Will I have to hire an operator to run my switchboard?

Ahhh. How far we have come. I remember my first auto dial telepone. It used cards to store the numbers!

#42651 by caseybea
Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:51 pm
Actually, having an old rotary phone would be kind of cool. Too bad it won't work with my new setup...
#42659 by murphy
Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:27 am
caseybea wrote:Actually, having an old rotary phone would be kind of cool. Too bad it won't work with my new setup...

You can use it to answer calls.
#42704 by Mike-o-Matic
Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:31 am
Hold it right there, fellas. NOBODY* has to give up their beloved pulse-dial devices.
http://www.oldphoneworks.com/pulse-to-tone-converter.html
... and scroll down a bit.

* = Unless you're a MagicJack user. They claim it doesn't work with MJ.

I googled "pulse to tone converter" to find this.

PS. Southsound, that thing's gonna give me complicated nightmares for a while.
#42713 by caseybea
Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:59 am
Hey, that's pretty cool! Didn't know they made those.

I totally forgot I have a Canon handheld DTMF dialer - it's like a calculator, but sends out dtmf tones. Hold it up to the speaker of the handset, then either whip out a phonebook entry, or dial manually. pretty cool actually. But I like the above-mentioned tone converter better - that way you can still use the rotary dial.

+1 for the find!
#42734 by Mike-o-Matic
Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:48 am
caseybea wrote:+1 for the find!

Glad to help!

PS. I like your avatar. Ooch! Aye.
#42785 by Soundjudgment
Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:23 pm
southsound wrote:Ahhh. How far we have come. I remember my first auto dial telepone. It used cards to store the numbers!

Yep. The top of the phone was the 'Client Address Book' where the dialing-cards were to be stored in alphabetical order. Naturally, each of the cards could only be 'programmed' once. No editing allowed. :p