Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#41569 by telomom
Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:22 pm
I have the telo with 2 handsets and it is up and running fine. I have head that the contact list is still in beta, but is there anywhere to get speed dial on the handset? Or is there a way to hand load names and phone numbers into the handset? I have not been able to figure that out yet. It has been a very long time since I have had a phone that did not have these kind of features...so I figure I must not be looking in the right place. Any help would be appreciated as I don't like dialing in the complete phone number everytime for numbers I use every day (call me lazy). Thanks.
#41570 by murphy
Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:33 pm
Press the left arrow to get to the call log.
Scroll to the number you want in the contact list and press save.
#41573 by telomom
Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:46 pm
Thanks. That worked great. Is there a way to edit the name that shows up with the number? I have cell phone numbers that just show a city, and it would be good if I could change it to the person's name.
#41736 by PetalumaRealtor
Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:44 pm
After you find a caller on your call list, press the right soft button "save". This saves the number as a contact. When you press the right side of the multi function button it will show your contacts and you have the option to edit.
#41783 by skisnow
Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:46 pm
PetalumaRealtor wrote:After you find a caller on your call list, press the right soft button "save". This saves the number as a contact. When you press the right side of the multi function button it will show your contacts and you have the option to edit.

Just received the handset: Should this work for outgoing calls as well? None of my outgoing calls show up in the call log, yet they appear in the redial list. If I save any outbound number, it's saved to the contact list, but I cannot edit the number or name. From the menu option, I can only erase the number. Am I missing something?
#41814 by Groundhound
Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:03 am
skisnow wrote:
PetalumaRealtor wrote:After you find a caller on your call list, press the right soft button "save". This saves the number as a contact. When you press the right side of the multi function button it will show your contacts and you have the option to edit.

Just received the handset: Should this work for outgoing calls as well? None of my outgoing calls show up in the call log, yet they appear in the redial list. If I save any outbound number, it's saved to the contact list, but I cannot edit the number or name. From the menu option, I can only erase the number. Am I missing something?

The redial list on the Telo Handset is the outbound call list. Editing saved phone numbers on the handset has not yet been implemented, AFAIK the best way to edit them will be on my.ooma's contact list once download to the handsets is added.
#41909 by skisnow
Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:17 pm
Groundhound wrote:
skisnow wrote:

The redial list on the Telo Handset is the outbound call list. Editing saved phone numbers on the handset has not yet been implemented, AFAIK the best way to edit them will be on my.ooma's contact list once download to the handsets is added.

Thanks for the info. So what's stated above, from PetalumaRealtor, does not work? I don't have any option to edit details in the contact list. Any ideas when the contact list port to handset feature will be available?
#41912 by Groundhound
Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:26 pm
If you press Menu on the handset while viewing the contact list now the only option is to erase. I'm not sure when the ability to download contacts to the handset will be rolled out, but my guess is it will be in the near future.