Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#41561 by debs0917
Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:49 pm
My scout has been flipping back and forth from Blue light to Red lights...it will correct itself sometimes after minutes - sometimes after hours. I use it mainly for my answering machine and will not get messages unless I get them from the hub or Via computer. Any idea
#41565 by southsound
Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:57 pm
Could you tell us how your scout is connected and if you have DSL? Sometimes DSL does not play nice with the HPNA protocol that the scout uses to communicate with the hub. Also, I assume that the scout did work at one time. Has anything changed? Even if it doesn't seem important, it might be causing you a problem. Post back and we'll try to help.
#41630 by debs0917
Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:28 am
I had a problem awhile ago but then it was working fine...this has been happening for the past 2-3 weeks. Nothing has changed - I do not have DSL - I do not have landline
#41635 by Groundhound
Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:53 am
debs0917 wrote:I had a problem awhile ago but then it was working fine...this has been happening for the past 2-3 weeks. Nothing has changed - I do not have DSL - I do not have landline

How are the wall ports on your Hub and Scout connected? Direct phone wire with the two sitting next to each other or via house wiring with the two in different rooms?
#41649 by Groundhound
Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:45 am
debs0917 wrote:2 different rooms

As an experiment, can you temporarily connect them sitting next to each other (wall port to wall port) with a short phone cord? This will help determine if the problem is with the Scout or the wiring.
#41674 by feartheturtle
Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:03 pm
debs0917
Quite a while ago (about 4 months back) we had a somewhat similar issue with our scout. Turned out one of the keys was partially "stuck." Try pressing and releasing all the keys once or twice and see if the problem resolves itself. Good luck.