Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#41449 by stubeeef
Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:27 am
I called to check the status of my number port.
Scheduled for Jan 22, fine.
Then they are going to charge me 39.99 because I don't have Premier. I told them I signed up for it and was told that it would be charged after my 6 month free trial (Costco deal). The CSR says no-that I have not signed up for it and that the other CSR was "maybe" wrong. I'm like "MAYBE?!", that means that your maybe wrong!
Ugh, it went down hill from there, I had a business call coming in I had to take and hung up.
Just looked on my Premier Page and it says that "Your subscription begins in 168 days" meaning they have it set up to begin and I signed up right? WTF-don't they know basic stuff-and using words like "maybe" do not endear my confidence.
So the question is with Premier saying "Your subscription begins in 168 days" does that mean I am signed up or not?
#41474 by bw1
Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:33 am
stubeeef wrote:So the question is with Premier saying "Your subscription begins in 168 days" does that mean I am signed up or not?

It sounds like you're signed up for Premier and it will start after the 6 month trial. Did you sign up for a yearly subscription to Premier? If so, then you should be able to add a port for no charge since you're in your 6 month trial.
If you signed up for a monthly subscription then you wouldn't be able to get the free port.
#41514 by amoney
Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:56 pm
When you requested the PORT was it at the same time purchase with premier, when I went through the site I selected PORT my number and then it gave me the option free PORT with purchase Premier. Or did you purchase permier and then later request the PORT. Really does not matter, your in the right, just trying to make sense what the CS over looked.

Additionally you could have said to the CS, "oh yeah, well why do I have a charge on my credit card for Premier?!!!" That should knock some sense into the CS.

In my experience for any buisness if I get someone that does not know anything, I just hang up and call back to speak to someone else. It should statistically improve your odds getting better support.

It has been repeatedly noted that Ooma support, although possibly cheap (I hope for what Ooma is getting), is not going to suffice, and will ultimately tarnish the Ooma brand name.

If Ooma is seriously considering the buisness market, this will not fly. In fact if Ooma atempts to with poor customer support, the bad image will spread like wild fire. Buisness need resolutions in hours not days and week.
#41522 by ntoy
Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:10 pm
Hello Stubeeef,

I apologize for the miscommunication from our support folks.

In view of your account, I only show an order for porting your number. When an order is placed, it is charged to the cc on file on the day it is ordered & not after the trial period is over. If you are interested in annual premiere, please let me know & if you give a green light, I can add the difference. Annual premiere is $119.99.
#41571 by stubeeef
Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:36 pm
ntoy wrote:Hello Stubeeef,

I apologize for the miscommunication from our support folks.

In view of your account, I only show an order for porting your number. When an order is placed, it is charged to the cc on file on the day it is ordered & not after the trial period is over. If you are interested in annual premiere, please let me know & if you give a green light, I can add the difference. Annual premiere is $119.99.

Yes, please, and thank you.
I do want premier, and either the free port OR a handset-you may choose-I have no preference.
I am normally a detailed person, the holidays have certainly contained a lot of things to do, but I could swear I signed up for Premier from the beginning. I called customer service before doing so. I wanted to make sure I got the 6 month free deal via Costco. I was told that it would go first then they would charge my card.
I was taken back by my CSR today who kept using the word MAYBE about my account.
I am grateful for your assistance.
If you require any information from me you may email, call, or post here.

Thank you for getting involved.

Stu
#41900 by ntoy
Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:21 pm
Hi Stu,

No worries. I've added an annual premiere order to your account less the number porting fee you already paid for. This will kick in after your 6 months trial period is over. The transaction is charged to your cc on file today. Also, I processed a free Telo handset for you with a shipping & handling charge.

If you have any questions, please send me an email.

Don't forget you have $100 int'l to make international calls.
#42050 by med458
Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:32 pm
Customer service is so bad, it is just unbelievable. Their words and their tone make you believe they want to help you but they either 1) do not want to help you and are lying, or 2) are unable to help due to some other unknown issue. I question their sincerity however, because they promise to call you back after they resolve an issue, but never do call you back. They should at least call back to inform you they can't help you, if they promised they would call you back.

When my mother first got OOMA, she could not make or receive calls for the life of her. OOMA tech support had no answers for her at all. They all promised they would call her back. They gave timeframes "we will call you back within 24 hours". They NEVER called her back. She finally got things working after I told her to disable the firewall in her cable modem/router. Why would they not call my mother back? Why couldn't they tell her to try that simple solution? Disappointing, shameful, and dishonorable.

Now my issue is that I submitted a port request back on about the 29th of December. That same day, I submitted a port request for my wife's phone with a prepaid cellular company called Net10. How long did it take Net10 to complete the port request? ABOUT 3 HOURS (SAME DAY). How long did it take the fail ooma porting team to complete my port? THEY STILL HAVEN'T DONE IT. They said it would be done by 1-14. Then I receive an email indicating that because they failed to collect all the necessary information from me, it will take 2 extra weeks! Unbelievable!!! The problem is they needed my Verizon account number. Net10 asked for this online when I requested the port, but I guess amateur-hour OOMA porting department just plans on delaying everyone's port for weeks and weeks. They can do it in hours like Net10 did if they actually care enough to provide anything resembling good service.

So I called and emailed on 1-14 to make sure it would be completed on 1-14. I spoke with a "supervisor" who said he would do his best to get it done. Did they get it done? Of course not. He said he would call me back within 48 hours, but I'm not holding my breath on that, given my mom's experience.

They know I have a deadline to get the port completed because I have to cancel my Verizon service very soon to avoid excessive early termination fees. They could help me and get the port done right away if they wanted to. Such incredible FAIL!
#42058 by murphy
Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:52 pm
Cell phone porting and land line porting are two completely different processes.
It's an apples to oranges comparison.
There are only a few cell phone companies and they were mandated to have a common process.
There are at least a hundred land line companies and each has it's own process.
#42059 by bw1
Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:52 pm
A cellular port is completely different than a landline port. The cellular companies are setup to do it quickly, that landline companies are not. In most cases, the company you're porting in to has limited control of the port. Maybe that will change in the future, but it is that way now.

BTW, I've heard plenty of horror stories about porting out of Net10, which can take weeks instead of hours or days.
#42063 by Potts
Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:01 pm
Oh Bull Crap. I called CS no less than 12 times. No waits no transfers. Very helpful. I'm not a happy camper either in dealing with Ooma. but CS is helpful, What's your problem?..Maybe you feel the need some special attention! stand in line...Or better yet if you feel cheated, Contact your state attorney general, and California's state Attorney and file a complaint..