Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#41383 by murphy
Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:02 pm
stubeeef wrote:I entered a bunch of contacts into the beta contact list via My Ooma. How can I get that list to my Telo Handset?

You can't. It hasn't been implemented yet.
#41739 by wtnixon
Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:54 pm
If there's any moderators watching this, if it could download gmail contacts, that would be sweet for the simple fact that blackberries sync with gmail. Therefore, your gmail, outlook, blackberry, and Telo would all be synchronized! SWWWWWWWEEEEETTTTT!!!!
#42399 by JTalbert
Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:29 pm
Well.... isn't that special. I just got Ooma. Just today purchased a handset, spent the last 30 minutes entering all my contact to the web, and this feature, thats listed in the instruction manual is not implemented yet. I paid $50 for a handset that I am apparently helping Ooma Beta test, and what do I get for it? Nothing. I bought the handset because my main line has not been transferred yet, and wont for about a week and a half. I did make a call on the phone and was told the sound quality was nice, I do notice a little hum when I am on the handset, nothing terrible. This Ooma handset will not be a primary handset, its mainly for use of the second line feature when needed.

I am vastly underwhelmed with the handset. For $50 I would expect a handset that someone actually took time and care and pride in designing, I don't see any of that in this handset. From all the incredible reviews I have read of the Telo, and even the Hub prior to that, and the design and quality of the Telo itself, its like the handset is an unloved stepchild.
#52917 by chadrandom
Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:01 pm
You're right JTalbert. There is nowhere near $50 worth of value in this handset. This is pretty disappointing. Bordering on unacceptable to the extent that I may return my handset at least. This is exactly why I purchased this unit through Costco.

OOMA-
I hope you're focused on this issue. All programs in Beta I've used in the past are usable with a risk of instability. This Contacts "Beta" is completely unusable, which means I've just given you all of my friends, family, business contact's information (which has real value in the information age) and you've given me absolutely zero value in return.

The fact that your handset has a dedicated hardware button for contacts is just plain misleading given that you don't support contacts at all. This is the kind of thing that makes your company feel less legitimate than you would probably like. It will be considerably more difficult to recommend your base system when some of it's features are tied into having the handset as well, yet the handset is slow, relatively featureless, and misleading as to its capabilities.

There is a lot of potential in your system. I suggest investing in yourself and hiring some software engineers and programmers to improve your handset offering. I imagine quite a bit could be accomplished with firmware updates. As it currently stands you're making me consider returning this whole set up to Costco and looking further into Vonage and even Cox cable telephone service. And if I sound negative now, you should hear how I feel about the cable monopolies.

I hate to be so negative, but as a Product Line Manager myself, I can say it's the post-production NEGATIVE feedback that leads to product evolution and improvement. Whether you choose to write myself and others such as JTalbert off as "net complainers", or choose to listen hard and improve your product is what will determine a large part of your success. I'm hoping for the latter.

Chad
#52923 by murphy
Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:29 pm
The contacts feature has been implemented and works just fine with the latest firmware release (35862).