Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#41013 by bw1
Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:51 am
bryanlyle wrote:My AT&T cell phone started showing someone else's name about a month ago. Worked fine up until that point. I guess I should contact CS.

You mean when you call the cell phone from your Ooma phone?

Doesn't the cell phone get its caller id name from the contacts in the cell phone itself?

If not, I would think you would want to call AT&T customer service.
#41088 by nebebo
Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:03 pm
Hey,
Could someone PLEASE help me.
I have had ooma now since december 22nd. my caller id shows a different name. I contacted ooma after 2 full business days. they looked at the data base and said it was fine and give it another 3 or 4 days and it should fix its self or they would create a trouble ticket. well its now been 21/2 weeks, called ooma back and they said to give it another 2 full business weeks then call back if its not fixed. Mean while I did a name & number search for the person that shows up on peoples caller Id and he lives 2 blocks from me.

How long will it take to update the name?
Do I need to change my name to match ooma's caller id?
Last edited by nebebo on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#41093 by Groundhound
Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:23 pm
nebebo wrote:Hey,
Could someone PLEASE help me.
I have had ooma now since december 22nd. my caller id shows a different name. I contacted ooma after 2 full business days. they looked at the data base and said it was fine and give it another 3 or 4 days and it should fix its self or they would create a trouble ticket. well its now been 3 1/2 weeks, called ooma back and they said to give it another 2 full business weeks then call back if its not fixed. Mean while I did a name & number search for the person that shows up on peoples caller Id and he lives 2 blocks from me.

How long will it take to update the name?
Do I need to change my name to match ooma's caller id?

I'd give it another week at least before starting to worry. Dec. 22 to today is 2 1/2 weeks.