Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#40781 by oldanbo
Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:30 pm
VicMatson wrote:OK, what the hell is going on now? My Telo handset stopped working last night. I can't make or take calls on it. I did plug in another wireless handset ant it works,

Don't panic Vic. At least not yet. There are a lot of folks here that may be able to help. :)

I'm not sure why you posted this under what used to be the lounge, but never mind that. Can you be just a little more descriptive about what you mean by "stopped working"? Is there any data on the display screen or is it totally blank?
Have you performed a reset procedure on the handset?

With a little more input from you, I'm sure someone here can get you going again.

Regards
#40808 by VicMatson
Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:09 am
I'm not sure where to post. I've seen "post in the lounge", but that may be from before the telo.

My handset just stopped...period, I only have the one and an old GE wireless 2 phone system sharing the same line. I rebooted my telo and it started to work again, but now it eats batteries a lot faster than it used to.

Is there anywhere that Ooma makes official comments about whats going on including updates, how they effect you, and what you need to know and do. Things just seem to be leaked, confused, and in no comprehensive order. It's also very clear Ooma is in financial distress as some of these issues have been fixed by Google and Vonage in days or weeks not years.

I think today I'll put another call into CS and change my telo handset from sharing one line to making it work with my second.
#40812 by Groundhound
Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:56 am
VicMatson wrote:Is there anywhere that Ooma makes official comments about whats going on including updates, how they effect you, and what you need to know and do. Things just seem to be leaked, confused, and in no comprehensive order. It's also very clear Ooma is in financial distress as some of these issues have been fixed by Google and Vonage in days or weeks not years

Look here: http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=10. It's not updated as much as it should be but that is the place where official announcements are made in these forums. Sometimes official comments are made in other places within the forums as well. In advanced search, look for posts made by Dennis P or Bobby B.

Regarding your charge that Ooma takes years to fix issues, I'm puzzled. You do know the Telo Handset has only been released a couple of months ago? Can you help us out with an example of such an issue? Maybe you're equating the time between new-product announcement and actual retail availability as an "issue"? If so, are you suggesting that Ooma should not make new product announcements until the product is ready to ship? Google "Chevy Volt".