Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#40174 by fongpay
Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:50 pm
Anyone having this issue... Someone will call my landline number which is hooked up to the Telo base and it will ring once. Then the caller gets dead silence for about 5 seconds and then a LOUD buzzing sound (constant sound, not busy signal). On the Telo handset screen shows "Enter Phone Number" with line #1 showing active (the little square with #1 lit). Then about 30 seconds or so, the Telo handset starts ringing like the phone is off the hook and line #1 is still active. I have Premier and a landline attached (for now). I have to manually hang the phone up (red button). Then the phone works like normal for a call or two, then starts acting up again. Also the menu button will only give me the HS Software Update and when I do the software update (phone in the charger), it tells me I already have the latest software. I've also tried a soft-reset and pulled the battery too.

To recap, someone calls, the handset rings once and then turns on by itself and stays on. Also the Auto Answer is off and all the other auto stuff are off. This just started happening on Saturday, the 2nd. Any clues. Thanks
#40179 by southsound
Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:05 pm
You might try rebooting the Telo - but even if you don't, they are pushing a new sofware release as I type and I believe it will take care of a lot of issues. After you get the release, you will need to reboot the Telo and then the Telo handset(s) will begin to update from the Telo. I am sure you will be pleased at the results! The new release is 32829.
#40180 by fongpay
Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:12 pm
(Sorry, I left it off)... Yes, I did reboot the Telo base too. The handset has ver#32342. I'll wait 'til later tonight or tomorrow. Until then, I've turned off the handset, so I can at least receive calls. I'll post an update after the software push. Thanks
#41506 by fongpay
Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:18 pm
Got the SW update... and everything's back to normal. Keeping my fingers crossed. Note to all, make sure you have the latest SW update (#32829 at this time). It might solve alot of issues you may have, YMMV...
#44060 by Scott Spillers
Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:52 am
fongpay wrote:Got the SW update... and everything's back to normal. Keeping my fingers crossed. Note to all, make sure you have the latest SW update (#32829 at this time). It might solve alot of issues you may have, YMMV...

Are you certain that everything is back to normal? Here is what I have discovered - If you have not configured "Anonymous Call Block" in My Ooma and someone calls you who has their caller ID blocked, the Telo phones will ring 2 times and then the call is dropped. It is not even sent to voicemail. On the caller side, they here a sound 'clunk' sound that kinda sounds like they are being hung up on. If the calling party re-enables caller ID, the call goes through as normal.

So, even though it may appear that everything is now working properly, it may be that no one has called with a private number. I can replicate this 100% of the time when calling my home from my cell phone. When my identity is restricted, the call is dropped after 2 rings. If it's not restricted, the call goes through fine.