Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#39735 by wtnixon
Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:28 pm
Doesn't it tickle you pink that a product that hit the market two months ago is STILL being beta tested?

Everybody keeps comparing it to a software release, but this is more like buying a OS upgrade that doesn't have internet capability... I think the website should just read, "we plan to have a software update hopefully before we go bankrupt."
#39741 by southsound
Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:02 pm
wtnixon wrote: this is more like buying a OS upgrade that doesn't have internet capability...

Isn't that what the FTC wanted Microsoft to do? Offer Windows without a browser? And of course, if you look at the number of software and security patches over the life of a Windows OS, I think we're doing pretty good with ooma.

Before someone bashes me for being negative about Microsoft, let me remind you that I retired from there in 1998 and still have "several" shares of their stock. I would love them to do well. And I have equally great expectations for ooma.
#39747 by southsound
Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:18 pm
XMEOME wrote:Hey southsound you on the Vista team? We all know where that got Microsoft you started it.

Nope, like I mentioned, I left in 1998. I won't let Vista near any of my machines. Still on XP Service Pack 3. If I get brave enough I might try upgrading one or more of my systems to Windows 7, but I don't drink and am not sure how else to get up the courage to make the shift. :P
#39748 by XMEOME
Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:20 pm
TODAY Jan 1 2010 and still no update and no multi handset ability. Hey it does not say Dec 2009 everyone maybe they mean by Dec 2010?

IMPORTANT: The current Ooma Telo software release only supports one Ooma Telo Handset. We plan to release a software update to support more than one handset before the end of December. If you have more than one handset, please keep the others powered off for now. This notice will be removed after the software update is released.
REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS: The first time you register a handset with your Ooma Telo, you must power-cycle the Ooma Telo device. Unplug the power for 5 seconds and then plug it back in. When your Ooma Telo is back in service, proceed with registration by pressing and holding the page (antenna) button in the upper right hand corner for 3 seconds.

To speed up the registration process on the Ooma Telo Handset, turn it off by pressing the hangup button (red phone key) for 3 seconds. Press the hangup button again to turn the phone on. The Ooma Telo Handset will immediately try to register. Enter the PIN number above when prompted.
#39761 by amoney
Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:05 pm
I said this before but can resist to repeat.

I discovered Ooma a year ago from a CES blog about the NEW Ooma Telo, and I was dieing to get it. I had just about given up and was just getting ready to go to the competition, or even just get an extra cell line for 10-15/mo bucks to replace my land line (I would also get a Panasonic bluetooth link to cell set).

Anyways I was all amped this past thanksgiving to get 4, thats FOUR Telo handsets, and I decided to get the Todayshow special with plans to get the premier handset bundle etc etc. So I check out and then began to read the fiasco about the handset. Note I was already very aprehensive due to difficulty confirming the fine print fees etc so no surprise Ooma was trying to keep the Handset issues low key. And now learning that they were just begining beta testing in JULY for a product that they were marketing a release second quarter of 2009, it seems Ooma rushed to put the Telo out or else they would look like fools and truthfully I would have chalk Ooma up to be incapable. But Ooma got the product out just in the nick of time to get me.

So I read about the fiasco and decided just give up on the handset (cancelled order and just reordered the Telo base only), I really wanted to give it a try even suspecting quality issues, but I just decided to keep with my tried and true Panasonic handsets. And in all aspects except for the 2nd line ability blow the Telo handset away. They have far more features and ability (except for the 2nd line). Its a true delight.

Beta testing slowed too much to catch all test vectors because of the holidays. Releasing on Monday to the public.

That sounds awfull, the Beta could not get completly tested so they are planning to push it out in the wild anyways. Oh joy!

Now this lifetime premier is starting to sound like a last minute ploy to raise fast capitol. If Ooma would just show improvement it would foster more belief in the product, instead they seemingly may be scaring customers away with the Telo release. Ooma is loosing lots of potential revenue. Its a shame and naturally worries me. I am pretty sure Ooma will be around for a while I just wish it will be around longer then that.
#39776 by XMEOME
Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:56 pm
The fact is if Ooma would respond to their clients but nothing they hide and hide AND PUSH OUT AND OUT maybe Ooma chose the wrong chipset with Telo on a whim and are stuck and so are we the clients of Ooma. I can see they have been trying but open promises and expectations set by Ooma to paying clients CAN NOT AND WILL NOT BE TOLLORATED!

HEY OOMA MANAGMENT HOW LONG DO YOU THING YOU CAN DO THIS THIS TO YOUR PAID CLIENTS AND OUR INVESTMENT.