Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#40655 by jpbricks
Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:32 am
I called ooma to see if they would allow me to purchase the premiere buyout in some sort of grace period but I was told that it wasn't possible in their system (and that as of 12/31 it was an impossibility). If anyone has received help from a CSR beyond the 12/31 date could you pass along their name so that I could try to get in touch with them. I wasn't even aware this was an option until the 5th of January.

Thanks
#40695 by joeed2
Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:57 pm
12/31/09 was the last day. They offered a grace period up until 01/03/10 to account for the new year's holiday. But as of Monday morning, 01/04/10, this became a dead offer.

There was a sticky on top of every forum for about 2 months. 40+ pages of rehashing over and over about the change to annual premier and lifetime premier. Did you not log into the forums any time during the last two months? Ooma also sent an email to everyone's email address on file concerning the changes about annual premier.
#40719 by franklasvegas
Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:56 pm
I did lifetime late December.

BUT - I will tell you I never received any email correspondence from OOMA on this. :|
#40809 by jpbricks
Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:11 am
I never did access the forums until January. My setup/install was seamless so I never found the need to log in. Additionally, I wasn't all that interested in premiere b/c I knew I wasn't willing to pay $100+ each year. Oh well, it was worth a shot to see if I could still get it.
#40971 by noltian
Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:24 pm
When I called them for tech support, they sent me an e-mail two months after.
When I replied the e-mail, there was no response ever since.

I will tell you that you might get an e-mail someday LOL
Customer service in OOMA is extremely terrible. They do have sales but no suport or service.

BTW, with paying premier service, I don't see a point why OOMA is better than other VOIP company.
Since I don't need premier, I am still okay with OOMA but if I have to buy, i am switching.
#40997 by The Talker
Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:18 am
For those that do have Lifetime Premier, how long did it take to show up in your MyOoma? (I speculate after payment is processed)

MyOoma>MyAccount>Services: Service Level
Your service level is: XXXX
Your subscription renews on XXX, ##, ####
#41000 by amoney
Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:42 am
noltian wrote:...

BTW, with paying premier service, I don't see a point why OOMA is better than other VOIP company.
Since I don't need premier, I am still okay with OOMA but if I have to buy, i am switching.

At 10 bucks a month (premier), Ooma is the cheapest by far with unlimited state to state calling. Comparatively, Vonage cheapest plan is 18 bucks plus additional fees/taxes and that only allows you 500 minutes.
#41016 by MikeekiM
Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:09 am
The Talker wrote:For those that do have Lifetime Premier, how long did it take to show up in your MyOoma?

For me...immediately... I didn't hang up the phone until I confirmed that it appeared correctly in my "My Ooma" page...