Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#38887 by ianlin
Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:13 am
Part of the benefit of Premier is a "free second number." But when I attempt to request a second number, the web form says it is $4.99 per month. So, which is it, free or not?
#38890 by DougInAZ
Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:49 am
I just got a second number to use with my ooma hub and there was no cost. Having a second number in the locale where my kids live makes it easy for them to call us for free.

I believe the $5 charge is numbers beyond the 2nd one. You can either assign additional numbers to the hub or to a scout. If you have Telo, I don't know how it works with Telo, but I' bet it's similar.
#38903 by ianlin
Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:59 am
Thanks for your reply. How did you get around the sign up form for the second number? The form is actually an "order" form, you cannot complete the request without giving them your credit card number. Is there a different process?
#38908 by jmassimilla
Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:38 am
It sounds like you are trying to get the number by way of the "Add-ons" tab from "MyOoma". Instead, go to Preferences/Phone Numbers and request a second number from there. You can request a shared number that will be associated with your main number or create a personal device which will give you another number that will be separate from the main number with its own voicemail. In order to create a personal device with the telo, you must have an Ooma handset to associate the second number with. A shared number will share the same voicemail as the main number and the phone plugged into the telo.
#38945 by ianlin
Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:38 pm
Thanks! I have a related question: I already have an Ooma number, and planning to get a second free number with Premier subscription. I also intend to port my current number with AT&T to Ooma. Once porting is complete, I would effectively have 3 numbers. Would Ooma starting charging me for the 3rd number?
#38946 by southsound
Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:41 pm
Yes. Your ported number will become your main number and if you have two in addition, it would trigger the $4.99 per month for the 3rd number.
#38948 by southsound
Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:45 pm
I just read DougInAz's post about wanting numbers so family could call for free. If this is one of your reasons for wanting the third number, consider getting a Google Voice number that forwards to your home number. The GV number could be in the family members local calling area. They would call the GV number as a local call and it would ring your home number.
#38956 by The Talker
Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:44 pm
If one would not resubscripe to Premier service for an additional year when their 1st year ended, would they loose their second number?

southsound wrote:Yes. Your ported number will become your main number and if you have two in addition, it would trigger the $4.99 per month for the 3rd number.