Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#38795 by howard
Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:59 pm
Every time someone calls our Ooma number it goes directly to voice mail. It does not ring the phone at our house.

The problem apparently started Christmas evening although we didn't realize it was happening until mid-day on December 26. It has now been more than 24 hours and the problem is still occurring. We are unable to receive any phone calls on our Ooma number.

Outgoing calls are working fine, and if we dial someone the call is connected normally, and the call quality is fine.

We have not changed any settings or done anything else that we are aware of which could have caused this problem.

I have looked through the settings for our Ooma account and can't see anything that seems to explain this behavior. In an attempt to work around this problem, I changed our preference settings today to specify "Enable Call Forwarding" forwarding mode "Call forward on network outage" and listed my cell phone number. But no incoming calls are being forwarded to my cell phone, they continue to go directly to the voice mail.

We have also noticed that the date and time being logged with the voice mail messages is incorrect. Sometimes it shows a voice message as being recorded today but as many as 7 hours in the future, and other times it shows voice messages as being recorded yesterday even though the missed call was today.

We have been using Ooma for almost a year now, and prior to this have experienced no problems with the phone service. The inability to receive any phone calls for more than 24 hours during the holidays has been extremely frustrating.
#38798 by Stunata
Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:38 pm
Starting today, all my incoming calls have been greeted with busy signal or all circuits are busy. I called from an AT&T land line, an AT&T cell phone and a T-moble cell phone.

I can dial out just fine.

I can call my ooma from another voip provider I have and it rings my cell phone and my Ooma line at the same time.

I don't have Premier though.
#38807 by howard
Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:44 pm
I turned off my Ooma hub and Ooma scout and then turned them back on one at a time. After this the incoming calls started working correctly again. Apparently rebooting the hub has resolved the problem.