Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#43076 by Mike-o-Matic
Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:17 pm
Mike-o-Matic wrote:...your Network Interface box (likely a green plastic box just outside your home...

Turns out I'm a big fat idjit with a defective memory for colors. Mine is actually gray. But I swear I've seen green ones before :D
#43092 by Groundhound
Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:47 pm
Mike-o-Matic wrote:
Mike-o-Matic wrote:...your Network Interface box (likely a green plastic box just outside your home...

Turns out I'm a big fat idjit with a defective memory for colors. Mine is actually gray. But I swear I've seen green ones before :D

And then there are the grayish-green ones like mine (more greenish in real life):

demark1.jpg
demark1.jpg (66.64 KiB) Viewed 1587 times
#43103 by The Talker
Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:11 pm
That's the type of instructions I need! Visual!
I need twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one is.
#43177 by frogman_usn
Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:19 pm
MsCoulter wrote:"Verizon Freedom Day" has finally arrived! My number has finally ported (5 weeks) and I can begin actually using the ooma. Yeah!!! :P :D

I have some additional wiring to do though. One strange thing is that I still have a verizon dial tone on the phones that are not on the ooma yet. Is that for emergencies?

Dont forget to de-mark from the outside jack if you are going to use internal wiring.
#43196 by southsound
Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:53 pm
The Talker wrote:That's the type of instructions I need! Visual!
I need twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one is.

Ahhh. Someone else remembers Arlo and his wonderful rendition of Alice's restaurant. So just what were you in for again?

So if we can remember it, were we REALLY there? :P
#43206 by The Talker
Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:25 pm
frogman_usn wrote:
MsCoulter wrote:Dont forget to de-mark from the outside jack if you are going to use internal wiring.

southsound, I remember some stuff!

OK, I give, whats de-marking though?
#43209 by MsCoulter
Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:37 pm
The Talker wrote:
frogman_usn wrote:
MsCoulter wrote:Dont forget to de-mark from the outside jack if you are going to use internal wiring.

I didn't write that quote! I didn't have to do anything with my verizon box (if I even have one).
#43211 by murphy
Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:47 pm
The Talker wrote:
frogman_usn wrote:

It's short for demarcation, the point at which the telephone company wires connect to your house wires.
Typically a box on the outside of the house with a phone plug or two that can be used to disconnect the phone company.
#43217 by Mike-o-Matic
Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:12 pm
The Talker wrote:That's the type of instructions I need! Visual!

So YOU are the cat who put that envelope underneath that pile of garbage!